When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 029 GMT

bwhitesox

029 has standard rep lume as far as I know. But his crystal does seem to have single sided AR now, and a real cyclops. The other dealers 029's have bad cyclops and no AR at all. Of course my vote would be to spring for the 2893 version and pop the crystal and send it to k2222 for double AR and a cyclops upgrade (hey, that is what I did!). :D

Is anyone actually selling the 2893 version though as I can't see it anywhere..Davidsen has listed his as no AR and he did mention that because of the cyclops he cannot do the AR on this watch. I think I might be better going for Josh or Trustys version and spending the additional money saved on AR coating and a relume.

Is anyone actually selling the 2893 version though as I can't see it anywhere..Davidsen has listed his as no AR and he did mention that because of the cyclops he cannot do the AR on this watch. I think I might be better going for Josh or Trustys version and spending the additional money saved on AR coating and a relume.

No the 2893 version is no longer for sale by dealers around..

If you can wait a few weeks for my 63 to be finished up, I may be selling my 29. The movement is an undecorated ETA 2893-2 rather than the decorated version (which will be swapped into the 63) and the caseback is 100/500 but it will have a The Zigmeister lume on dial and hands, an OEM crown and custom tube, an excellent modified CG, and as per the gen, no AR.

If you can wait a few weeks for my 63 to be finished up, I may be selling my 29. The movement is an undecorated ETA 2893-2 rather than the decorated version (which will be swapped into the 63) and the caseback is 100/500 but it will have a The Zigmeister lume on dial and hands, an OEM crown and custom tube, an excellent modified CG, and as per the gen, no AR.

Archi,

I recently whittled my rep collection down to about twelve watches (from a number that was ridiculously high) - almost everyone of them modded in some way. I stood back and thought to myself - I have done it! I have ALL the watches I sought out for and a few I didn't, but my collection is finally complete!

Well, that didn't last long. Lately I find myself uneasy without a project watch to do and I can not get the 029 and 063 PAM's off my mind. I have decided on a 063 for my project and I want to start with a Davidsen 063 as he as been very good to me due to all the watches I have bought from him. I would like your take on a few things though.

Have you seen one of Davidsen's new 063's lately? (The one with the fatter crown and beefed up CG) Do you think it will need the crown changed? If so who's crown would you recommend - Palp/lelo?

How about the cyclops and date wheel mods. Davidsen himself admitted to me his cyclops is still on the weak side compared to Gen. Do you recommend changing the Date Wheel and the cyclops?

Who do recommend for these parts?

When will this rep collecting madness end......

Oh - I can't wait to see your 063 - how about an 063/029 comparison?

Thanks -

Edited by jake48

K2222 is using the cyclops I got from chieftang as a prototype for more cyclops' for PAM's. So, if you need to replace a cyclops you can send it to him and they have the properly spec'd replacement. Can't wait to get mine back w/the double AR on both crystal and cyclops :)

Well now, this is very interesting. I had no idea he was copying my cyclops. He seems to copy a lot things I do, now doesn't he... :huh:

In any event my cyclops is not appropriate for 27,28,29,63 models. It's the larger diameter version meant for newer PAM models.

Oh to have a watchman/men/meister cyclops ........but maybe I'm just :wallbash: ??

FGD

I've been toying with the idea of producing a new 6 mm cyclops with proper magnification that would be suitable for the 29,63,etc. I could use a couple spares myself. If there's enough demand, it might be worthwhile. And besides, then people wouldn't have to use a rep of my previous cyclops that was sized for newer PAMs only. ;)

I've been toying with the idea of producing a new 6 mm cyclops with proper magnification that would be suitable for the 29,63,etc. I could use a couple spares myself. If there's enough demand, it might be worthwhile. And besides, then people wouldn't have to use a rep of my previous cyclops that was sized for newer PAMs only. ;)

:Jumpy: ....what's enough demand Mr Chieftang Sir.......I count 4-5 subject to $$$..... :please:

FGD

I'd be in for a couple.