When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention Trustytime Xmas shoppers!

hiker01

I purchase two of these specials at Trustytime:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...a1445ec61c30698

the Black Sub! and the Rolisium YatchMaster!

Both are losing time 3 to 4 minutes per day......are you having the same problem? How do you DYI fix it? I asked Andrew and this is his reply to my email:

"If you can, just find a local watchsmith to adjust and regulate the time. Thanks..."

I'd rather do it myself if its not that complicated. Maybe its about time for me to get wet and jump in inside these watches and this watch is I think the best one to do it!

Both are losing time 3 to 4 minutes per day......are you having the same problem? How do you DYI fix it?

I'd rather do it myself if its not that complicated. Maybe its about time for me to get wet and jump in inside these watches and this watch is I think the best one to do it!

Moving tab A away from tab B will make the watch run faster (moving A closer to B will slow it down)

reg_lever.jpg

Note that movements of about 1/2 mm will result in big changes in the timing & it should only take a slight adjustment to counter the 3-4 minutes/day you are currently running slow. Be careful that you do not touch the hairspring or move tab B (which will throw off the movement's beat). This is not a difficult thing to adjust, but it is VERY easy to misadjust (or cause damage). If you are unsure or lack the correct materials/tools to open or seal the case, best to let a watchmaker adjust it for you. You have been warned.

Hi Freddy!

Where can we get those marine lube or grease for the gasket seal? I'm pretty sure a lot of our DYI Newbies here wants to know? And BTW, the Rolex caseback opener, too! I know about those tapes, but I'm thinking of getting the right tools!

Thanks! As soon as I get those, I'm ready to open these babies!

Edited by HikeUSA

Hike... I just received my YM from Trusty today, so it's too early to comment on its time accuracy, but the movement did stop and the minute hand moved back a minute or two after I fully tightened the crown. I released the crown a little and it started back up fine. But, the rotor is really noisy, is your YM loud as well? In the four hours since I synched the time with time.gov it appears to be running just about a second fast.

Would you be willing/able to post a photo or two of the black sub you got from Andrew? His photos always give the watches a dull appearance to my eye, but the vast majority seem to be pleased with their purchases. At the price he is offering them for, and with waterproofing included, I'd like to pick up the Black SS and the LV. I have one of Joshua's beginmariners and really like it, but his movements are no longer running at 28,800 so if Andrew's are aesthetically similar and boast waterproofing, it would make more sense to go with Andrew.

Edited by jrpat2k2

Hi Freddy!

Where can we get those marine lube or grease for the gasket seal? I'm pretty sure a lot of our DYI Newbies here wants to know? And BTW, the Rolex caseback opener, too! I know about those tapes, but I'm thinking of getting the right tools!

Thanks! As soon as I get those, I'm ready to open these babies!

This is the easiest way to grease your case seals (click the image)

ofrei-900.jpg

Every watch supply house (ofrei.com, cas-ker.com, cousinsuk.com, etc.) sell them. Click here to check Ofrei

A lot of my movements are very noisy, my submariner sounds like there is a loose piece of metal flopping about inside with a "pick pick pick" every time I wobble it around but it keeps great time so I wouldn't worry... even my MBK Nautilus has audible picking and snapping noises going on when I shake it up... no biggie

A lot of my movements are very noisy, my submariner sounds like there is a loose piece of metal flopping about inside with a "pick pick pick" every time I wobble it around but it keeps great time so I wouldn't worry... even my MBK Nautilus has audible picking and snapping noises going on when I shake it up... no biggie

Having things flopping around inside a watch case is not a good thing. You should have it looked at asap.

Having things flopping around inside a watch case is not a good thing. You should have it looked at asap.

At first I thought something was loose and flopping around in my YM because it honestly sounded like a screw someone dropped in the case moving around. I took the caseback off and it was just the rotor making noise as it spun.

At first I thought something was loose and flopping around in my YM because it honestly sounded like a screw someone dropped in the case moving around. I took the caseback off and it was just the rotor making noise as it spun.

That is possible, but it is always better to be safe than sorry. Loose bits of anything floating around inside a mechanical watch can do alot of costly damage.

Hike... I just received my YM from Trusty today, so it's too early to comment on its time accuracy, but the movement did stop and the minute hand moved back a minute or two after I fully tightened the crown. I released the crown a little and it started back up fine.

Have that same action with mine!!! I have to adjust twice and be more gentle the 2nd time around!

Regarding the noise, it doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary.........or maybe my ears are just used to my Chinese Chopard MM XL!!! :lol: Talk about loud, this one is a rocker!

I'll post some pix soon of the Black Sub.....just need to crank up the gear sometime......hopefully soon! The watches looks nice from the outside, I mean I can't complain, specially for the price we paid, but what are you gonna use a watch for if it can't keep time???

This is the easiest way to grease your case seals (click the image)

ofrei-900.jpg

Every watch supply house (ofrei.com, cas-ker.com, cousinsuk.com, etc.) sell them. Click here to check Ofrei

Hi Freddy,

Just to say thank you for the links, I paced the order for the dip and the grease and the ball and also tried some of their leather straps.....much appreciated!

BTW: is that movement you showed the Asian Version?

Have that same action with mine!!! I have to adjust twice and be more gentle the 2nd time around!

Regarding the noise, it doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary.........or maybe my ears are just used to my Chinese Chopard MM XL!!! :lol: Talk about loud, this one is a rocker!

I'll post some pix soon of the Black Sub.....just need to crank up the gear sometime......hopefully soon! The watches looks nice from the outside, I mean I can't complain, specially for the price we paid, but what are you gonna use a watch for if it can't keep time???

Thanks, I'd appreciate pics of the Sub whenever you get a chance.

It has been just a little over 24 hours since I synched my 3 reps with time.gov and so far the YM is keeping perfect time! Not even one second off!! I guess I'll learn to live with the noisy rotor with that kind of accuracy. My Beginmariner with the Asian Eta 2813 seems to be losing 3-4 seconds per day, and my TT Sub with the Swiss Eta 2836-2 is running about 3 seconds fast. I guess time will tell, but so far I'm sort of impressed with the Asian 21J in the YM.

Exactly... it happens in almost every single one of my reps to some extent... If there was indeed something loose in there I doubt the watch would have lasted this long anyhow!

Thanks, I'd appreciate pics of the Sub whenever you get a chance.

It has been just a little over 24 hours since I synched my 3 reps with time.gov and so far the YM is keeping perfect time! Not even one second off!! I guess I'll learn to live with the noisy rotor with that kind of accuracy. My Beginmariner with the Asian Eta 2813 seems to be losing 3-4 seconds per day, and my TT Sub with the Swiss Eta 2836-2 is running about 3 seconds fast. I guess time will tell, but so far I'm sort of impressed with the Asian 21J in the YM.

Hey Jr!

Here are the pix I promise, hope it helps!

BlackSub05.jpg

BlackSub03.jpg

BlackSub04.jpgBlackSub02.jpg

Thanks Hike.. thats what I was looking for. What are your impressions of the Sub?

Sorry this is late, been very busy lately! Other than the watch losing 4 minutes a day, the watch is great! Its a good beater watch! I'll work on it

this weekend when I get all the tools and fluids from Ofrei that Freddy suggsted! Its gonna be my first time inside a watch, so wish me luck!