When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SR-71 Blackbird Desktop

JoeB

Yesterday I created a desktop for the blackbird which featured 2 F22s but of course everyone wants one with the SR-71 - So here it is, I just finished it and I hope you like it!

-JOE

If you want the one with the F22s check out my previous post "Just got a Blackbird (big pic)"

My SR-71 story...(not watch related):

In early 1965, I was aboard a US Navy aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Tonkin, I was monitoring a specialized radar set designed primarily as an altitude finder. I unbelievably(at the time), started tracking 2 targets at 80,000 ft, orbiting at 1800 knots!!..Now understand this: at that time, NOTHING(that we knew of!!) flew that high that fast!!...I immediately notified the command structure about this, and suddenly found myself surrounded by the entire Admirals staff, and several high ranking officers, watching my radar screen in disbelief!...We tracked these "bogeys" for @ an hour before they disappeared in an easterly direction..

Most of us were at the time convinced we had actually tracked a pair of UFO's, but we were instructed by the Pentagon to log the incident as an "anomoly of the radar equipment"....It wasn't until @ 5 yrs ago that the info on the first test flights of the "Blackbird" was declassified, and it was noted that there was extreme consternation that one of our Naval ships had been able to easily track their flight off the coast of China!!

Substantial design modifications were instituted to clean up the previously assumed effective radar masking configuration...And it was ME that first tracked the "Blackbird"!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SliceMaster
Yesterday I created a desktop for the blackbird which featured 2 F22s but of course everyone wants one with the SR-71 - So here it is, I just finished it and I hope you like it!

-JOE

If you want the one with the F22s check out my previous post "Just got a Blackbird (big pic)"

I might be dumb but how can I see your picture??