When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with watch

markcold

I have this old citizen chronograph and I just recently noticed that the bezel comes right off the watch itself.

Its kind of annoying because the crystal is connected to the bezel and the watch is therefore unwearable.

Not too sure what to do with this. How would you guys fix this problem?

Thanks

It is still difficult to make out what is going on with the supplied picture, but it looks like the bezel may have been cemented into the case. That is the best I can tell you with what I can see. If you do not see evidence of cement in or around the bezel or mating surfaces in the case, I would take it to a watchmaker or contact Citizen.

I took it to my local watchmaker he told me he wouldn't touch the watch. He basically said that I would not like the outcome and that it would make a mess if I wanted to service the watch later on.

Since the bezel is plastic how is it normally supposed to be attached to the rest of the watch? They are not permanently cemented on at the factory right?

Either way thanks for your help

Without using too much force, see if you can pop the bezel off the crystal.

Also you can try mic'ing the OD of the bezel, and the ID of the seat in the case.

See if the crystal has "shrunk" or maybe it was a glued fit and has dried and glue become brittle.

Does the bezel (still) revolve on the crystal?

I am assuming it is an acrylic crystal, with an inbuilt bezel lip, and it may well just be a press fit.

If you can get a model/serial/case no, off the watch back, I have a bunch of Citizen data sheets which may help to explain things.

Offshore

PS Another thought.

Has this watch got a caseback?

Maybe it is a crystal access movement, going on what your watchmaker said?

Does the crystal noticeably protrude above the bezel?

The watch is a Citizen chronograph divers model 67-9119

The bezel has an inner rotating ring. The Inner ring is rotated with the crown at the 10 o'clock position

Either way the bezel is pretty loose no way I can wear the watch. It wont fall off if I turn the watch upside down but if I give it a light shake it falls off. I think there's traces of yellow glue. I just got this watch not too long ago.

I haven't tried separating the crystal from the bezel yet.

Thanks for your help

post-9147-1200065016_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1200065038_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1200065068_thumb.jpg