When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Pam - 'Marina Militare-Luminor Panerai' - Opinions?

SBOB

Well firstly i must blame WBK(from repgeek) for this, him and his 'good deals' motivated me to bite the PAM bullet and add this to the other few reps i already own....

Seeing as it was somewhat of an impulse buy i didnt research the model prior but now that i have im thinking its a tad 'fantasy' due to not being able to find the same wording except on a brushed model(PAM36?), but maybe someone here could clarify...

great value and apparently has the swan neck bridge and regulator(not that im 100% sure what that means :g: )

anyway, its also my 1st quick(5 min) attempt at a couple of watch photos until i can put together a light tent, so be kind :D

2176862985_c3a0f86345.jpg

2176862975_fb0b3a95e0.jpg

Swan neck with regulator?

2176862979_4e7ab114ae.jpg

And the mandatory wrist shot.........

2176862981_f4809e18a0.jpg

Thanks for reading

SBOB

Edited by SBOB

bracelet feels great, easy to adjust(screws not pins), closure takes some gettin use to due to it being from either side rather than one way like my omega/tag reps...

but im really liking it, but i have a dark brown leather strap from DON on its way that set me back about 1/2 as much as the watch so im hoping i like that more :)

if not, maybe another pam to put that on ;)

Well firstly i must blame WBK(from repgeek) for this, him and his 'good deals' motivated me to bite the PAM bullet and add this to the other few reps i already own....

Seeing as it was somewhat of an impulse buy i didnt research the model prior but now that i have im thinking its a tad 'fantasy' due to not being able to find the same wording except on a brushed model(PAM36?), but maybe someone here could clarify...

great value and apparently has the swan neck bridge and regulator(not that im 100% sure what that means :g: )

anyway, its also my 1st quick(5 min) attempt at a couple of watch photos until i can put together a light tent, so be kind :D

Thanks for reading

SBOB

I'm not sure if it's a fantasy model, but it is really nice :)

I don't know enough to tell you if it is indeed a fantasy model or not but I can tell you I like it!

How's the bracelet? Thinking about a 111 on one and am still yet to actually get my hands on one for a 'feel'.

I'd highly recommend them. They add a whole new dimension to the watch, and, if anything, make the watch 'wear smaller' on the wrist, as the eye follows the top of the bracelet to the edge of the case, where, following the top of a strap just goes to partway up the lugs, and the rest of the watch then 'looms' above it ;)

And the mandatory wrist shot.........

2176862981_f4809e18a0.jpg

Thanks for reading

SBOB

Definitely not a 036! Is it 40 or 44mm?

go to paneristi web site if you'd like to educate yourself about PAM models. They got great PAM referenceguide with pics and other useful info. In the accessories section you can buy some really nice straps (which may cost as much as this watch ;)

good luck with your "new" aquisition!

its 44mm....

do my wrists look that girly ;)

As regards metal bracelets, I prefer them to straps. Particularly the all brushed style especially on a sub like my 087.

post-9690-1199921326_thumb.jpg

I personally believe all the incessant "strap swapping" and obsessing over "which strap looks best with ...." is a bit too metrosexual or girlie for my tastes... not that there's anything wrong with that ( as Jerry Seinfield would say) :D

HammerTime

post-9690-1199868934_thumb.jpg

Edited by HammerTime