When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 42.5mm bracelet clasp fix

Cashxxx

If you own a Omega PO 42mm then youll know that the end link and clasp do not sit right and are one of the biggest flaws of the watch. I finnally found a solution!

Genuine parts from Ofrei.

Ofrei sells "clasp attaching links" for the PO with the correct pin hole placement to prevent the end link from turning at an angle from the clasp thus leaving the bracelet perfect on the wrist. I paid about $55 including shipping for two of these; well spent cash in my opinion.

Now the only flaws remaining are lume, double AR coating (not really sure about this after seeing gen), and serial on back.

P.S. the end link is probobly the hardest link to remove on the bracelet. Have patience.

I gave an 'informative' rating, because I always think the best of every newbie.

But without pics, it is close to being spam -- that ID gives me the heebees too.

Never mind. Photos will quell any doubts.

Im hardly a newbie, just new to this forum. Normally I would agree about the pic comment, but this is kind of a hard one to demonstrate with pictures. I didnt take a pic of the gap in the bracelet before fixing it but if you own this watch then you know what I mean. The picture below of a gen bracelet can show you where the pin holes are on the rep (red). Just imagine that on the rep that last link before the clasp turns at a 90 degree angle to it as opposed to lying flush like the pic.

ome020st157995111.jpg

Cashxxx, thanks for posting.

I am very eager to see pictures of your rep with this mod. I have long considered doing this, but held off, because I noticed a difference between the the location of the pin hole on the rep and the gen end links. (I was afraid that the rep bracelet would sit too low against the genuine end link.)

Again, thanks for being the first...Please post pictures when you can.

Oops...

Please disregard my last post. I thought that you were addressing the problem with the gap between the endlink, and the first link of the bracelet (the bigger problem, in my opinion).

The 42.5 Planet Ocean bracelet is so many problems. The largest of which is the gap between the bracelet and ENDLINK which attaches to the case. The hole was placed i the wrong position. I have wondered if the problem could be fixed by new endlinks - but when I as at an AD and looked at the two - it is really the bracelet which is incorrect. This problem which is discussed in this thread is also a problem.

The whole bracelet sucks.