When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Help w/ Purchase of a IWC 7750

mseanschmidt

Hello! I'm so glad I found this discussion group. Over Christmas, uncharacteristically, I ordered a IWC replica from www.ireplicastore.com and still have not received and can't get anyone on the phone or via email. If I ever do receive I'm assuming it will be junk? Through research on the forums here, I found that website as one of the scam sites. All well, bad mistake, live and learn!

So, I've read through a bunch of posts for several hours and it looks like Trusty Time is a legitimate site selling good quality replicas. Please let me know if I am incorrect so I don't make another mistake!!!

The watch I would like is the IWC IWC0014A - IWC Portuguese Chrono Silver/Silver SS -New Asia 7750. Is there anything I'm NOT considering before I order this from Trusty or am I good to go???? Any advise prior to me pulling the trigger would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, will I have any trouble getting this watch under my dress shirts with a thickness of 12.5mm?

I appreciate any advice you could give me. Thanks!!!

If this is the rep that has the seconds running at 6 it could be a risky buy. Unfortunately the gear system to move the seconds to that position is not well made. Gears were used instead of jewels, resulting in more friction than what the movement can usually cope with, so just bear in mind it may not last long.

Hi I am also looking at a Rep Port Chrono, you will see my thread on this forum, from my research the problem with the movement is explained very well in this review:

http://www.replicawatchreport.com/articles...e-eta-7750.html

And the reason why the IWC version works so well is explained in this review:

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Series/IWCGSTC...eMovements.html