When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA2892-A2 with Soprod 9040 PR module

dadog13

does anybody know where I could find only the movement for this watch...I have already asked tourby, but he says it is almost impossible to find one...maybe some of you could point me in the right direction where to search for one of these mvt's....I know a couple of brands using this specific mvt, but the watches are priced really high for this project...maybe I should ask ofrei or cousins?!

but maybe some of you have some secret resources wher it could be purchased, please advise...

thanks in advance,

dadog13

does anybody know where I could find only the movement for this watch...I have already asked tourby, but he says it is almost impossible to find one...maybe some of you could point me in the right direction where to search for one of these mvt's....I know a couple of brands using this specific mvt, but the watches are priced really high for this project...maybe I should ask ofrei or cousins?!

but maybe some of you have some secret resources wher it could be purchased, please advise...

thanks in advance,

dadog13

I acquired one recently on EBay. I purchased a used watch with the movement in it (verified by a photo of the movement through a sapphire case-back) for about $100.

My bad, thought you had the PR module and jsut needed the base movement. Sorry.

no...the PR module is what's been bugging me...

BTW...couldn't the rep factories make a good rep of the 027/028 with an asian movement...I know that there are some 027/028 reps out there already (asian 21j or 35j), but they do not match the quality I am looking after...what I would like to see is the exactly same rep of the swiss version just with the asian movement...a sort of "lite" version...

Edited by dadog13

• 1 month later...
Accutron PR Watch

This watch uses the same movement. One day left and it's at $105.00. Go for it!

Hi A!

Thanks for the info...I know about those watches...but the price they go for 400-500$...it is easier for me to buy a rep (if I find one on the 2nd hand market)...

it is already on 160$...

Edited by dadog13

I personally can't see tearing apart a $3500 Gen to rep something else... even if I only paid $50 for it... of course, re-selling it for closer to the normal price and buying the movement from another source would make at least two people happy and probably leave some extra money in my pocket...

the seller is not going to let it go for less than $500...

Then the seller should have put a reserve of at least $500. Let's say it ends up selling for $499.99. Do you think the seller will say, "forget it, i can't send it out since it didn't end up selling for at least $500."?