When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TAG Carrera bezel problem

rexon

The bezel insert is glued to the bezel, so I think it should be possible to try to remove it by gently use a very thin and sharp knife. Thereafter glue it back on.

On the Carrera of a friend, the bezel actually popped right off, so I guess it should be possible to remove it without damage. Be careful though! :)

The bezel insert is glued to the bezel, so I think it should be possible to try to remove it by gently use a very thin and sharp knife. Thereafter glue it back on.

On the Carrera of a friend, the bezel actually popped right off, so I guess it should be possible to remove it without damage. Be careful though! :)

I assume it fell off together with the glass? Should I take movement out before trying to take off bezel insert?

Edited by rexon

Did you just buy this watch??

It may just be the quality of your photography but that looks a little beat up to me, if its new I would send it back for replacement.

It's a few weeks old watch. Quality is ok, except the problem with the bezel (and the fact I had to open it to remove the hair from the back glass). ;)

It would be too complicated to send it back. I had to wait for over a month to get it. Speed is not the priority when it comes to Silix. :)

I assume it fell off together with the glass? Should I take movement out before trying to take off bezel insert?

The bezel just fell off itself (without the glass) when he tapped it. It should not be necessary to remove the glass.

I had a look at my own Carrera, and it seems to be tight. Guess the best way to attack it should be by the outer edge. The movement is not affected by this operation.