When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats The Difference Between Tw Classic And Tw Best

sonystyle

So Im just about ready to pull the trigger on a TW Classic Sub from Mr Eddie Lee. Then I realized there is also a TW Best model too ?

What is the difference, between the Best and the Classic ? Ive looked around and feel that this sub and dealer are top-notch, but Id like to hear some final last minute comments :) ...Ive heard about the possible faint dial, I guess thats okay to me.

Many thanks.

JB

Picture - Mr. Eddie Lee TW Classic:

68919-33141.jpg

Edited by sonystyle

I purchased my first rep which was this exact sub from Eddie Lee and here are the flaws that I have found in mine:

Date mag is way off. It's nowhere near 2.5x.

The crown etched at 6:00 is not centered. It is slightly to the left.

The "50" font on the bezel has a flaw. It's like a square is cut out from the bottom right side of the 5 and the bottom left side of the 0.

The second hand has some gooey stuff on it. It's not noticeable if you just glance at the watch but if you look closely, it is obvious. It drives me nuts looking at it. I've been tempted to open it up and try to clean it off but I have not done so yet.

If this were not my first rep, I probably would have sent it back.

Other than that, I had a good experience. TA was about 4-5 days.

I purchased my first rep which was this exact sub from Eddie Lee and here are the flaws that I have found in mine:

Date mag is way off. It's nowhere near 2.5x.

The crown etched at 6:00 is not centered. It is slightly to the left.

The "50" font on the bezel has a flaw. It's like a square is cut out from the bottom right side of the 5 and the bottom left side of the 0.

The second hand has some gooey stuff on it. It's not noticeable if you just glance at the watch but if you look closely, it is obvious. It drives me nuts looking at it. I've been tempted to open it up and try to clean it off but I have not done so yet.

If this were not my first rep, I probably would have sent it back.

Other than that, I had a good experience. TA was about 4-5 days.

I would stick the classic which is a clone of the older Sub case with the side case holes. I have this piece and its a terrific & very solid watch. The date mag is spot on (2.5X) with correct cyclops placement, deep inner ring, thick crystal as the gen plus I prefer the solid mid link bracelet (also have the hollow).

Newer does not necessarily mean better. :)

Jet

I would stick the classic which is a clone of the older Sub case with the side case holes. I have this piece and its a terrific & very solid watch. The date mag is spot on (2.5X) with correct cyclops placement, deep inner ring, thick crystal as the gen plus I prefer the solid mid link bracelet (also have the hollow).

Jet

Edited by sonystyle

Jet

I completely agree that the Classic is a great way to go. It has the flaws that don't really bother me too much (incorrect hole location, solid midlink, slightly darker font). In my opinion too much magnification (MBW modern?) is almost worse than too little.

The heavy case, deep rehaut that's respectful to the original, one of the very few crystals with the correct thickness above the bezel (very important in my opinion) are a major thumbs up.

Last, the solid midlink bracelets are a must in my opinion, as they do not have a cheap feel (the hollow bracelets are technically correct, but are embarrasingly cheap feeling). I don't mind handing the watch over with the solid links. With the hollow links, I'm waiting for them to ask, "so where in Chinatown did you get this thing?"

Also, on my watch, the nightime illumination is great and the crown screw threads are quality, just like gen.

I just wish that they would make something at this level for the moderns out the door.

• 2 weeks later...