When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai On Steel

DemonSlayer

My PAM 111h has become my daily beater for quite a while now, and I am more than pleased with this watch :) However, I know PAMS are made for leather, but I am personally a Stainless Steel guy and so I wear it on Steel all the time now. I did have it on my rep strap for a while however I just wasn't 'feeling' it and I don't think I am a leather guy :lol: though it was more comfortable, as the leather makes the watch light to wear.

Who else here wears their PAMS only on SS?

I wear my PAM 112H on the bracelet...but only because I'm still waiting on my two nicer straps...a MP PAV 91 and a DON California Tan. Until those get here the bracelet (after some considerable smoothing and oiling) is my best option... the rep strap really sucks! After getting used to the look of it on steel, I will use it as part of my rotation...it's a nice look. Of course I say that without any first hand experience with a quality leather strap...once I get the MP, I may never want to take it off!

As for my 127...Micah is working his magic for that baby, Brindle incoming!

I wear my PAM 112H on the bracelet...but only because I'm still waiting on my two nicer straps...a MP PAV 91 and a DON California Tan. Until those get here the bracelet (after some considerable smoothing and oiling) is my best option... the rep strap really sucks! After getting used to the look of it on steel, I will use it as part of my rotation...it's a nice look. Of course I say that without any first hand experience with a quality leather strap...once I get the MP, I may never want to take it off!

As for my 127...Micah is working his magic for that baby, Brindle incoming!

I do wear my PAM on steal also.. as for now I dont have any straps.. But i Like the look of the braclet so there isno probs ;)

gallery_8833_49_59725.jpg

I wear most of my Submersible PAMs on bracelets. See my review of the PAM 252 here which shows it and my PAM 087 on bracelets: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65722

Watch designs like Panerai that enable strap changing have a certain appeal, but I'm just not into the strap mania. After all, Jimmy Bond always wore his watches with bracelets! :)

See my sig too... :D

Edited by HammerTime

Pam bracelet is a piece of art.

However, there are watches more indicated to be on bracelet, than others.

Models with bezel/case polished/brushed are the best with it.

What doesn't let me wear my Pams more often with bracelet, is that the genuine bracelet has the links getting narrower when approaching the clasp, while on the reps all links are the same width. :(

Yes, I think the PAM bracelets are visually appealing. They are certainly built well and does not feel cheap and flimsy such as the Rolex sub bracelets for example. Also, am I correct in thinking that most of the leather straps worn on Panerai watches can't be worn while in contact with water?

:lol: What good is wearing a watch that was designed and built for the Italian NAVY to be worn while diving in water and having to avoid wearing it when in contact with water ;)

@Tazzman, thats a brilliant shot of the 112H on steel. @HammerTime, a wonderful review and again good pictures!

I think we should post our good shots of PAMs on Steel :thumbsupsmileyanim: (I would take some of mine but I am experiencing a minor difficulty with my current camera and should soon have the problem sorted out :lol:)

Edited by DemonSlayer

That's a good combo lello! I haven't seen that before, but must say looks as impressive as a PAM with a polished case.

Let me start off by posting some pics of actors/celebs wearing PAMs on steel:

First we have Hugh Grant in 'Bridget Jones' Diary':

BridgetJones1.JPG

BridgetJones2.JPG

Here's Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) in 'The Rundown":

TheRock2.JPGTheRock3.JPG

TheRock4.JPG

Everyone likes the SS bracelet on me. In a Cuban cafe last week, the window lady brought over the other ones to show them my watch. "Mira mira!". The PAM bracelet is a show-stopper.

pam112braceletwristiefg5.jpg

But I don't like it on me...

@Xyphis: I couldn't agree more. The 111h I have is a DIFFERENT watch visually, with the bracelet. Only reason I keep one of the two I have, on it.