When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 104 from Trusty

i5475p

First , let me apologize for the bad pics. I'm not good with the macro function on my camera.

I did want to post a few pics and "mini review" of my recent "Upgraded 104" arrival from Andrew this week.

In general, very nice watch and overall transaction.

As you can see from the pics, I wouldn't rate the 104 quality as high as the DSN 111 but I dont think that would be a fair comparison anyway.

I ordered the 104 knowing this before hand so my expectations set pretty low. The watch arrived in 2 weeks or so... not bad.

I am SHOCKED by how nice this one actually is. The dial/ date and mag are fantastic. The Lume is not that of the DSN but its actually really good for pre-mod.

The auto movement keeps great time. Its the first AUTO Panerai that Ive had ... nice not having to wind, but I think I've come to enjoy of the morning ritual of winding my 111H.

I have to be honest ... I ordered this a couple of days after Andrew/ Josh posted the pics of the PAM autos and probably should have waited for a "Fiddy" from Angus or Davidsen that I've REALLY been trying to get ( NO STOCK ).... That said I may probably be posting this 104 for sale very soon.

Then again, can we ever have TOO many in the box?

As always, Thanks for all of your great knowledge. Im more of a "lurker" but take so much from your site.

111104f.jpg

backs.jpg

lume.jpg

Actually, It has grown on me quite a bit.

As a rep , it will not replace my DSN 111H. I do have to say that as I am looking at purchasing a gen one day soon, the 104 could get some attention.

I just love the silver hands on the black dial. It really stands out more than I thought. The auto movement and date function are great as well.

Just a great watch.

BUT... I think the 111 or 112 screams Panerai. I really like the sandwich dials, clear case backs, and manual wind movement.

Would I change anything? well no, I am glad that I have seen this watch in person as it is one of my favorites on my wrist. A little more dressy than the 111.

I AM still selling the 104 as my goal is to get my collection to 1 really nice rep from each PAM group

Luminor Marina 44 (PAM111/112)

Radiomir (PAM 183H or 210 if they get mvt right)

Sub (186 , 092)

Ulitimate 127 (HELP ME , these are all gone)

Maybe a PVD

Maybe white face (PAM 114)

Maybe Cali Dial................................

GOSH, it never stops !!!!!!!