When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think im 99% there for the ultimate 127 crystal!

esdee

I love 127,

if i had 20.0000 and had to decide what to do with them (investment/car/watch/parties for a month) id choose the 127

unfortunately i dont have 20.000usd so im building the best 127 there is

Stage, No1

Crystal

all of us now that there seems to be some weird thing with sapphire crystals on 127s... the make huge distortion when you look them at certain angles

heavy heavy (bit tell) AR.

So what we do? make our own

behold

PLEASE BE ATTENTED THAT THE CRYSTAL IS NOT FULLY INSERTED TO THE CASE, IT'S SITTING A BIT HIGHER FROM 12->6 WHILE 6->12 IS AS IT SHOULD LOOK WHEN PROPELY PRESSED. (you'll see what i mean in the lum shot)

1000922uj3.jpg

1000924ez2.jpg

1000953qm4.jpg

1000956zb6.jpg

and there is the lum shot, notice the reflection of the numbers to the rehaut its as gens are ('3' and '6' only seem this way because the crystall is not fully pressed and its sitting higher at 3 6

1000958cw6.jpg

what to you think ? ^_^

Yes the AR on the Gen is much more subtle. However the distortion is definetly there in the gen. The distortion is actually there due to the accute curvature of the crystal. The thickness & curvature on the high quality genuine saphire rep crystals for the 127 are actually "DEAD ON".

The distortion due to the crystal is actually a big reasons for the allure of the 1950. It is what gives the lighting bolt effect to the hands and makes the numbers come alive. This is one of the big reasons that the world ha gone GOO GAGA over this watch and why a watch that retailed under $8K US in 2002 is now selling at almost $30K.

Sans the AR the 1950 is one of the most accurate rep out there, right out of the box.

Carpe Diem.

maybe san is DSN?

Who did the AR on the crystal if there is any? I have an older 127 rep with sapphire and no AR and it looks exactly like the pics you show above. Plenty of distortion and no give away blue.

i got it from greece locally, i asked an optics store where they gey their crystals made and then i got my crystal to the factory