When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex YM A21j Movement

Rolex Sub 19

Hi,

I bought a Rolex YM A21j movement. It worked for the first 6 days and then started to lose minutes. After a week, it stopped several times during a day. I brought it to a watchsmith. He said there is a component turned loose and then broken. He said if the watch is serviced (oiled) at the beginning, this could have been avoided.

I'm not a watch expert. Do you think what he said makes sense? If so, would it be a good idea to serve a new Rolex A21j movement when I receive it? What does everyone do?

Also, if it is an ETA movement Rolex, would it be oiled or should I have it served as well?

Advises are appriciated!

Edited by Rolex Sub 19

I always stick with the ETA as a rule of thumb. I haven tried the new 28k 7750, as I am not too fond of Chrono's mainly for lack of usage.

I have 5 ETA's, the oldest one being 4 yrs old. Man they run like a tank, right out of the box. It keeps as good or even better time than a real rolex. It usually runs a few secs faster per month.

If a watch was going to be inaccurate, I'd rather have it fast than slow..... as it would make me early for those meetings that I'm always scrambling for.

-_-