When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WatchDude's PAM CG pin mod

WatchDude

Allllllllriiiiiighty then.

I started off with an amazing watch from my friend - Mr. Davidsen. A BEAUTIFUL 112 that I dreamt about and wanted for oh so long. FINALLY, I pulled the trigger and she made her way, half way across the world, to my door. You don't know the excitement I felt. This specimen was flawless and I couldn't be happier...... except..... the damn CG pin. UGH!

P1060085.jpg

So I decided to mod it (NOTICE, mod was completed before I took pictures for tutorial - so use a little imagination and work with me here!).

1. Take off CG

DSC06376.jpg

2. Push pin up from bottom so it protrudes through the top of the CG my literally a hair, just so your fingernail catches it when you drag it across the top of it. Use the pointy part of a springbar tool or a small (very small) screwdriver. If you push it up too far, turn over and push it back a hair using a flat surface.

DSC06377.jpg

A bit too much here, but you get the idea on how much to push it up:

DSC06378.jpg

3. File down using a disposable finger nail file. Purple is the preference (LMAO!). It should be flush. Best way to do it is put file on flat surface, turn CG over and stroke back and forth (I know what you are thinking