When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First rep, Omega Speedmaster Day Date

omegaunit

Gents please do share your thoughts of the watch now that you've been wearing it for some time! Hows the movement any issues there? I'm about to order one and want to know if its worthed the 260$

No problems as of yet! It is definitely worth the money with all the complications it has. I have the white and black dial versions, the black one is hard to see because of reflections as mentioned earlier. I used the chrono alot and it has been flawless.

AR on the crystal would help the black dial version, too much reflection from the domed crystal.

Adjusting the band was a pain! The pins are really stuck in there.

I cant imagine how this white dial will be easier to make out ! On this photo its very difficult to see the big arrows,

post-10431-1205305748_thumb.jpg

whats left for the smaller ones. But obviously theres more to it than meets the eye!

Anyone else to share his experience with the watch!

i am thinking i might try and source some white omega hands and install them -

have not had a chance to get it pressure tested yet but I have showered a few times with it and found that water did not enter the watch.

mine will gain about a minute to 1.5 minutes a day when wearing it - have decided to get it pressure tested and if it is water tight to a reasonable degree (swimming) then I am going to send it to The Zigmeister and have it serviced and timed.

will also get it lummed and have him either change the hands or paint them. I have seen a few gen watches with white/red hands that I liked.

if she is not water tight then I will hold off on the service until it is needed.

recently got my gen sub back from service and she has been looking so pretty that I have been wearing it instead

oh and i really wanted the white but from the photos i could not see the hands at all. Maybe the blue is better.

Edited by iflylow78

I cant imagine how this white dial will be easier to make out ! On this photo its very difficult to see the big arrows,

post-10431-1205305748_thumb.jpg

whats left for the smaller ones. But obviously theres more to it than meets the eye!

Anyone else to share his experience with the watch!

I find the white dial easier to read than the black one! Both Speedmasters I own have no AR and with the domed crystal makes them hard to see.

The white dial is sharp though.

Omegaunit