When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Link Removal

I'd like to remove a couple of links from a rep to make it fit my wrist, however not sure what I need.

Its a Yacht Master with Platinum effect braclet. There is screw type pin on one side and just a pin hole on the other.

Looking on ebay at item such as this one here only have a push type pin capability rather than a screw one. I got the rep from Paul if that helps with identification.

Is the screw top just for effect and will a regular pin pusher do, or do I need something else, if so does anyone any links to where I can get one?

Thanks.

Edited by WhatWatch

Well its done, and my wrist feels great!

The braclet is solid and silky smooth to feel, overall very happy.

I have a Submariner also with a hollow braclet and its much sharper feeling (edges) and not pleasant at all, however getting a leather strap for that.

Lesson learned, no more hollow braclets (unless its going to be replaced by a leather strap).

Can't believe how silky and smooth and heavy, the Yachtmaster feels, its lovely!, keep looking at my wrist all the time :3a::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by WhatWatch

WW, you can easily smooth out the edges of the hollow mid link bracelet. Apply metal polish with a cotton cloth and apply pressure as necessary. If you have a dremel tool, apply the polish with a cotton wheel and the process is a breeze. Oil and clean the bracelet and it will be silky smooth. The difference is night and day. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There are several topics on this subject which should be easy to find with the search feature.

Jet