When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Google's - Gbuy

RENOST

Finally. Google is releasing it's new online payment system, "Gbuy", June 28th. It will HUGELY rival eBay's Paypal. Google said initually it will be free. But if they ever did start charging merchants a fee it would only be 1.5% . Which is still cheaper than Paypal.

If anybody didn't know already, there has been an ongoing merchant beta test.

Here's a chance for Dealer's and buyers to get away from Paypal! I for one, will be jumping ship to Gbuy.

RUSS

Edited by RENOST

But I am delighted to hear that it now has some serious competition. that can only be to the benefit of the customers... that's us, guys!

Paypal/eBay has been controlling this market for way too long. Taking a cut on your sold items and taking another when you get paid - is really a double whammy.

competition is good.

The best thing I see about this is it will flush out the BS? of those that claim that they do not take PP because of a frozen account. They will all get a fresh start. I don't particularly have the bad taste in my mouth that others do about PP, but it does worry me at times to have too much money tied up in it. But on the other hand it just does make propogating the hobby and getting a step closer to destitution just so much easier.

Eddy

Well, since I haven't been able to use PayPal for over 3 years now...I'm glad to see ANYTHING that will compete with them for some sort of payment service.

I never get too excited about anything until I've had a chance to see it work. But, I still hate PayPal in any shape or form.

So, fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...