When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO MBW Seconds at 12...

dalayclass

Here is my AP from MBW...I am very happy to have that watch but the steel band made it a bit too sporty and too heavy so I decided to buy for it a leather band. I went to see the bands on AP bands, I think they are the best as far as quality is concerned but when I see the price of the convertion kit and of the buckle, I thaught to myself that's a bit stupid to buy it from them.

My solution was to buy the leather band from APBands and to buy a band from Oracle strap with buckle and convertion kit because it is less expense to buy a band from Oracle than buy only the convertion kit and the buckle from APBands...two for the price of one...

I am sorry for the quality of the pics, I took them from my Iphone and it's not very good quality when you take a pic very close. I'll try to take some with a real camera.

Enjoy

I baught it this summer from a very nice Italian guy of our community. We can call that a project because tachymeter, dial and hands are gen. The movement is coming from a bulova I think because it's what is written on the movement...AP ROO uses a JL with a DD module, I have an ETA 21j and the same DD module used by AP (even if now, they do it themselves...) with seconds at 12 and assymetrical subdial. I think MBW only did few of them because it needs gen parts and to find the movement... I hope I am clear...

and I don't know who he baught it from...

Oh, it's still working? :)

Very nice!

Did they have to drill a new whole in the case for the crown tube to account for the asymetric pusher/crown orientation? I'm curious if MBW got a new case constructed or they just modified the generic ROO case.

thanks

bosk

AP ROO uses a JL with a DD module, I have an ETA 21j and the same DD module used by AP (even if now, they do it themselves...)

AP is now starting to use its in-house base movement (instead of the JLC), but it still uses the DD module on top. Therefore the subdial arrangement and placing on the gens is still the same.

That I didn't know :) Well, it's really a nice piece anyway. Definitely will put a smile on the owner of this piece. The watch with similar movement can be found on eBay (ETA 289x based + DD module) at around 1000-1500USD. It's usually an old model from the 90s. If you see a 6-9-12 layout with running second at 12 (mechanical movement), chances are you're getting this ETA + DD module.

This is a standard MBK case with 2892 ....Dubois Depraz module.....gen dial and hands......slightly modified......I offer them at 2500 Euros......but no takers......WHY?.......simple.......it can't be sent thru the post......it carries no theft or Customs guarantees ......and they are special order.....take a long time to acquire the parts.....no guarantee of dial colour etc etc.....!

wow, this is a beautiful watch but a huge risk if it cant be sent thru the mail...

bean

This is a standard MBK case with 2892 ....Dubois Depraz module.....gen dial and hands......slightly modified......I offer them at 2500 Euros......but no takers......WHY?.......simple.......it can't be sent thru the post......it carries no theft or Customs guarantees ......and they are special order.....take a long time to acquire the parts.....no guarantee of dial colour etc etc.....!