When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau Diver 2006 and 2007 Caseback Swap

Toadtorrent

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the 2006 Cousteau Diver given the current price drop on the unit.

I would be taking this piece into the swimming pool very regularly, and I'm a bit concerned how the "wood" or fake wood insert on the 2006 case back will hold up?

I know it wouldn't be accurate, but does anybody know if the 2007 engraved diver caseback can be swapped into the 2006 version? Is there a source for these casebacks??

I like the 2006 dial more than the orange on the 2007, but think the 2007 back would hold up better than the 2006 back.

Any suggestions??

Thanks all!

Both don't matter and interchangeable. And no... with CD2006, you won't get destroyed stickers/wood. It holds up very well. I took this watch for diving, swimming, washing clothes, etc. (sauna and hot tub included). It works.

Great to hear. Thanks Takashi.

AND...thanks for a great review of the watch...now hurry up and finish it to get to the conclusions...I'm having a hard time holding my breath. ;)

To those who may read this, I'm referring to this link at Replica Watch Connection: Takashi Review - Cousteau vs Slevin