When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little Tudor Oysterdate

Guest avitt

Here's a little piece that I just polished off with some spare parts. I bought this from Adam a couple of years ago, when he was selling them for $35. The first one he sent (with a white linen dial, with stick markers) was no good. Dial was damaged, markers had fallen off, and the movement was broken. I think he sent me a replacement for the cost of shipping - and that one arrived with a faulty movement...Anyway, I ended up with two complete non-working reps, and an extra case and crystal.

I sold or donated the first Tudor last year, and this one went into the drawer. I found it a couple of days ago, and decided to complete it with an spare Asian movement (from a Gen I or II PO). Changing the date wheels on these Asians is pretty tricky, but other than that, it was a straight swap.

img2498ng0.jpg

img2487qy4.jpg

img2485gw7.jpg

...Not bad for the price. I'll thow a generic jubilee on it for my wife.

I will never repent enough for not buying a couple of this when Adam sold them. He started with sticks dial (the one I tried to buy but all were sold out in a day) and then switch to these bling bling dials I don't like at all. But the case is pretty good for the price (look to those well done lug holes) and I could have replaced dial.

I remember when you purchased this watch in the old RWG. I recall Ubi bought one too.

Very nice watch for the price. Sometimes these budget ones can be very enjoyable. Yeah, too bad that Adam is no longer with us.