When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The quest for the so so "Ultimate Panerai"

894tom

Ok..I have a Pan 111h "Swiss" model rep from last year. The rep (I thought) was top of the line. I used to wear this watch around with the niavity of a naked baby running around a room full of strangers. Then I got a membership on here. Since then I have discovered many flaws in my rep......but two of which scream FAKE. For the record, I am not a perfectionist by any means. I know this is a rep watch and would never pass it off as a gen, but I do want to be able to wear my watch around anyone with the same kind of niavity as before.

Anyone that is into Pan's will immediately recognize two major problems with this watch from arms length. 1.Cannon pin problem 2. LSwissMadeL tucked to close to the six. There are many other problems with my dial like the lume color is not right and a list of others......but you really have to have another Pan sitting right next to it to see those problems. The rule of thumb I use for my Reps is to have as accurate of a rep as possible just short of having to have a Gen next to mine for comparison. Once you cross the line of comparing side by side, it just becomes really extreme and I think a little to picky to be honest. Let me phrase it more like this....I am not as an elite/pro hobbyest as those who take it to that level. I am more on the level of the weekend warrior hobbyest when it comes to my purchases.

That being said, I am up for buying a new dial 111 with the proper LSML spacing but can't find the dial anywhere. I am not picky here either..just that one thing should be right, any other improvements (A's font or any other technical improvement) included will be great. Any suggestions?

I have also been unsuccessful at finding someone who can solve/fix the cannon problem. Any suggestions? (other than The Zigmeister...as this is probably a really trivial job for him...from what Ive read, He's then type of WS that you want to bring your watch to when the sheet hits the fan and you want to have the job done well and right the first time.)