When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster 300 Vintage Dive Watches

panerai153

Just got these two back from Ziggy yesterday. 2 Omega Seamaster 300's model 166.024. One is completely genuine, the other is a "Franken" with a genuine Omega 565 movement. When you put the two side by side, it would be difficult to pick out the "Franken". Until you turn the watch over and see the incorrect caseback and the lack of lume on the bezel, they look identical. Of course it helps that almost everything you see on the "Franken' is real Omega. Dial,hands movement. It's the watch on the left

The genuine has been restored completely with Omega NOS bezel, Dial, hands and crystal. the other has now received the old dial and hands from the genuine. they were relumed by ziggy. unfortunately, the bezel and crystal that were taken off the genuine would not fit the "Franken", just a fraction difference, but that's all it takes to make a no-go for fitting genuine parts. I also tried a genuine caseback, but although it fit, the thread pitch was different. So it will have to live with what it's got. Both watches are really nice, both are on correct genuine Omega seamaster bracelets. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out

I was amazed at the lume on the NOS bezel,dial and hands. unfortunately, the fake bezel has no luminosity at all. i think the luminous numbers on the bezel are pretty neat.

.69656-32993.jpg