When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's The Story Behind Rolex

faonmyea

my dad told me they found a rolex at the bottom of the ocean after a couple years and it kept perfect time due to it being pushed around by the water and that's why they're famous. did my dad just confuse this with how rolex stuck a watch on the side of a submarine?

Edited by faonmyea

My dear sweet Faonmyea

Rolex are famous for their waterproof watches, hence the nominative "Oyster." It is altogether likely that a Rolex may spend many years submerged and remain waterproof. Because it remains waterproof there is no reason to believe its timekeeping capacities would diminish.

Yes, Rolex strapped a watch to the side of a submersible and gained notoriety from the event. But that is distinct from the example stated by your father.

My advice is to believe him, stay in school, don't "do" drugs, and graduate to a well-compensated career near by my home. You are on the right track... try not to bugger it up.

:winkiss:

MU

Yes Rolex' ability to continue to function underwater is legendary.

And here is another story of fact, to grow the myth.

Some years ago, my ex motherinlaw, whilst wearing a Rolly, and whilst on a fishing trip, fell overboard and drowned.

As I was a diver, my then wife, coereced me to undertake a search for her dear departed Mum.

So I gathered the diving club, of which I was a member and off we went.

Long story- short, we found her, and hauled her back on board.... only to find that crayfish had started to eat her.

My wife of course was horrified..... "What will we do she asked?"

So like any good diver/ fisherman, I answered................................................

Pull the crays off... grab the Rolly.....and reset her!

Offshore