When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this worth trying?

capt_cope

I really love this style Daytona - the 2005 limited edition I guess it's called. My favorite of the modern Daytonas.

But I'm not willing to risk $300 to this new collector, the pricing does not make sense.

And you are right freddy about its looks, unfortunately I've seen much nicer versions of this Daytona.

And you are right freddy about its looks, unfortunately I've seen much nicer versions of this Daytona.

If it had a slightly lower profile bezel & the size/shape of the lume in the 3/6/9 index markers was more accurate (smaller & more rectangular), this rep would be nearly indistinguishable in appearance from the gen 116509

spoons0221.jpg

Hmm, well you are a Daytona expert but I think the subdial rings are a bit too far apart and the the rings themselves are too thin, the dial does not have a "robust" feel to it, the subdials look anemic.

Hmm, well you are a Daytona expert but I think the subdial rings are a bit too far apart and the the rings themselves are too thin, the dial does not have a "robust" feel to it, the subdials look anemic.

Actually, if anything, I think the subdial rings are a bit too thick, but I do not have a picture of a gen from the same perspective to compare them. I will see what I can come up with when I have more time.