When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with PAM063 autowinder... I think !

jaggi

I just got delivery of PAM 063 GMT from Josh last week. Awsome watch, my first PAM but I can already safely say, won't be my last although I'm having some issues with it.

If I wind it manually, or if I wear it the watch runs fine and keeping perfect time for as long as it runs.. that's where the problem starts. If I stay steady for more than about two hrs, it stops ticking.

I have been wearing the watch for last couple of days. First day I manualy (gently) wound it and it ran for about 18 hrs or so. During the night it stopped about 4:00am. Yesterday when I woke up it was stopped I did not wind the watch this time but gave it a gentel but good shake. It started running right away and I wore it whole day, running fine so far. in the afternoon, I left the watch at my desk drawer at work, just to check, about 3 hrs. later it was stopped. A gentle shake and started running again.

I all indicate to the auto winder problem and I have heard that there might be a loose roter. But how do you open the watch to access the roter. I saw somewhere on the internet that there is a special tool (a special wrench) to open that back. Where can you buy something like that. Anything else I can do to save it a long trip back if it comes down to it. I haven't contacted Josh yet but I'll soon.

Any help, comments would be greatly appreciated. Am I too far off or about right on my diagnostics.

Here is the tool I was refering to, but it costs about $90.00 Ouch!!!

ACC-OP44-PAN.jpg

• 1 month later...