When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Monza

rmcsherry

Has anyone seen a decent Tag Heuer Monza Calibre 36 rep? The ones that are around are OK, but the date should be at the 6 position (the reps are at 4), the crown and pushers are completely different and the gens I've seen have had display backs (although this is pointless on this rep, because the movement will be so far off anyway). Or is the quartz the only way to go on this one?

I don't know which ones you've been looking at, but I've seen 7750 based reps of these with the date in the correct place although sunken, which is an unavoidable consequence of the 'faux 7753' transfer wheel conversion.

The reps look excellent - the movement should 'pass' as the rotor has been well dressed to look like the original. Black faced ones still have white datewheels though.

Scan our usual dealers for details....

Edited by r11co

Have a look at Pauls' site:

Monza

Has anyone seen a decent Tag Heuer Monza Calibre 36 rep? The ones that are around are OK, but the date should be at the 6 position (the reps are at 4), the crown and pushers are completely different and the gens I've seen have had display backs (although this is pointless on this rep, because the movement will be so far off anyway). Or is the quartz the only way to go on this one?

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen the more accurate ones before. They look pretty good, although I've got a list as long as my arm of watches I want, and I did notice the v4 Omega PO is reduced by $80 via that link - it looks like a lot more watch for my money! I think it'll have to wait for a few months - thanks for finding it.

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen the more accurate ones before. They look pretty good, although I've got a list as long as my arm of watches I want, and I did notice the v4 Omega PO is reduced by $80 via that link - it looks like a lot more watch for my money! I think it'll have to wait for a few months - thanks for finding it.

Pauls monza's look pretty good to me, but to fix the gap (an instant tip-off to any WIS who sees your watch) you's have to swing for a real 7753.

i tried on the 18k/white dial Monza @ Tourneau a few weeks ago--a real stunner. I've been keeping my eye peeled for an OEM gold dial. In the unlikely event one pops up, a quick trip to artisan plating for the case and hands would be all the rep needs.

• 1 year later...