When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daydate White Gold

sydneysider

hi guys,

have been contemplating a white gold daydate, non fluted bezel, seems EL´s version is the best to get, can anyone that owns one give me some feedback concerning weight, feel and overall finish? I think ill stay away from the aspire type models, but how much better is EL´s version really?

any comments appreciated,

Robbie

just a question back: do you know much about daydates?!

No genuine daydate exists in stainless steel.

I am not searching for a WG watch, i am searching for the rep of the white gold model, the only non yellow or red gold model rolex has ever produced.

and regarding stainless/white gold coating, this is part of my question: is EL´s version plated with white gold, or merely stainless steel, as i believe pauls version is? I would believe the plated version would seem more authentic, would you not?

So, if anyone has the answers to my little quiz: shoot!

all the best,

Robbie

i bot a WG DD from EL. WG and SS do not look the same... I have several dozen watches and you can spot WG quickly as they have a 'cool' whiter look to them, most people would not confuse them with SS. They also maintain their hot white appearance while SS oxidizes and appears more grey within a few hours of polishing.

However, to be a little more precise, the plating is not WG, it is rhodium, which is an even more costly metal than WG. Even genuine 18k WG watches are plated with rhodium... think about it for a minute, if it is 18k, it's 75% YG... which means that the real stuff actually still appears quite yellowish. For this reason it still needs the rhodium plating. WG is truthfully a bit of a marketing concept rather than the whitish metal you might think it is.

The EL watch is nice. Bracelet is solid links so it feels heavy like the gen (the gen is actually quite a bit heavier). It is one of my favorite dress watches because it actually could pass for a genuine while most other polex models are immediately suspect. I also have a YG DD from EL, which is less easy to wear as it is a bit more flashy. The WG "Day' is in good alignment, although like all DD reps there will be a day or two where you can see a very slight disalignment--not noticeable unless you're looking very very closely. Movement runs on time. EL claims it as thicker plating than Chinese... who really knows, who has the ability to test that... no one I know.

I also have a SS TOG... however that gets no wrist time (hint).

Good luck.

WG DD

69814-32963.jpg

SS TOG

69814-32964.jpg

i bot a WG DD from EL. WG and SS do not look the same... I have several dozen watches and you can spot WG quickly as they have a 'cool' whiter look to them, most people would not confuse them with SS. They also maintain their hot white appearance while SS oxidizes and appears more grey within a few hours of polishing.

However, to be a little more precise, the plating is not WG, it is rhodium, which is an even more costly metal than WG. Even genuine 18k WG watches are plated with rhodium... think about it for a minute, if it is 18k, it's 75% YG... which means that the real stuff actually still appears quite yellowish. For this reason it still needs the rhodium plating. WG is truthfully a bit of a marketing concept rather than the whitish metal you might think it is.

The EL watch is nice. Bracelet is solid links so it feels heavy like the gen (the gen is actually quite a bit heavier). It is one of my favorite dress watches because it actually could pass for a genuine while most other polex models are immediately suspect. I also have a YG DD from EL, which is less easy to wear as it is a bit more flashy. The WG "Day' is in good alignment, although like all DD reps there will be a day or two where you can see a very slight disalignment--not noticeable unless you're looking very very closely. Movement runs on time. EL claims it as thicker plating than Chinese... who really knows, who has the ability to test that... no one I know.

I also have a SS TOG... however that gets no wrist time (hint).

Good luck.

WG DD

69847-32947.jpg

SS TOG

69847-32948.jpg

Thanks for clearing that out! (Y)