When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which should I AR coat?

spookycord

Hi everyone. I've got two unallocated spots in cheiftangs feb AR run and I'm having a tough time deciding which two watches will get the gift of double AR. Here are the contestents.

1. OMega UPO

2. Omega SMP

3. Mont Blanc Timewalker Silver Auto

4. IWC Portuguese

5. Tag Heuer Carerra Racing

So here is what I'm thinking.

1. UPO already has single AR. Will double make that much of a difference?

2. SMP - gen doesn't have AR for this model, but AR would make the textured waves on the dark blue dial pop.

3. MBTW gen has AR but the silver face doesn't show much reflection anyway.

4. Porto - white face, doesn't have much reflection either.

5. Carrera - like SMP, gen has no AR but the black dial with no AR has so much glare it's annoying.

What do you guys think? What experiences have you had with these models? Thanks!

S

Hi everyone. I've got two unallocated spots in cheiftangs feb AR run and I'm having a tough time deciding which two watches will get the gift of double AR. Here are the contestents.

1. OMega UPO

2. Omega SMP

3. Mont Blanc Timewalker Silver Auto

4. IWC Portuguese

5. Tag Heuer Carerra Racing

2. SMP - gen doesn't have AR for this model, but AR would make the textured waves on the dark blue dial pop.

5. Carrera - like SMP, gen has no AR but the black dial with no AR has so much glare it's annoying.

What do you guys think? What experiences have you had with these models? Thanks!

S

UPO - do it for sure. It makes a huge diff.

SMP - I recommend it although you're correct that the gen doesn't have it. Check out Bazz's closed factory 007 pic in my AR eye candy.

MBTW - Never seen a gen

Porto - Probably has double AR... if you think the white face doesn't have much reflection just wait until the crystal is coated. ;)

Carrera - Same as SMP.

All advice is my opinion and only my opinion. ;)

S

1. Double AR makes a HUGE difference... you can't believe it until you see by yourself. THIS, IMO, is what you should do.

2. Actual SMP do comes with double AR. This would be my 2nd. option, as dial pattern is so beautiful.

3. Not reallly like this watch.

4. Same as previous.

5. True, gen has no AR, so no sense to make it. Aren't these reps, so they should be as accurate as possible to the gens ?

I'd say the Planet Ocean and the Carrera. The only reason I suggest the Carrera rather than the SMP, is that you mention that the reflection on the Carrera is annoying, where on the SMP, it would only be a case of 'improving', rather than 'solving'. If that makes any sense... Of course, if you're feeling really brave, roll a dice. You've already 'numbered' the watches on this thread, so all you need to do is roll. Dare you put your faith in the roll of a dice...