When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newest addition to the family

Guest Sql_pl

So it arrived today.

Been thinking about getting one of these ever since they were released.... but never actually pulled the trigger... there was always something else to buy first, was afraid how gold watch will look on me etc etc....

But finally got one.... bought it from King and received it today.

rg1bq4.jpg

rg3ht6.jpg

Here it is with its close relative:

rg2zf6.jpg

And here is a whole trio:

rg4dt1.jpg

rg5dl3.jpg

Now back to the watch... what surprised me is the fact that it did not give me that WOW feeling when I opened the parcel. After all the reviews of this rep I think maybe I was expecting too much. I mean there is nothing wrong with the watch but somehow I don't really hear it calling my name now since it's here.....

Maybe it's because it is y third HBB... and actualy second this year already... maybe I got bored... maybe with all the reps we see here it is getting harder to get impressed... I am not sure.

What I plan to do is to test drive it for like a week and see if I can get used to it (my biggest concern is if gold fits my style) and we will see what next.

Right now I have to honestly tell you I feel like I prefer my SS version.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, will take some nicer ones outside tomorrow.

Maciek, wear it well friend.

I am sure it will grow on you. It is THE HBB to own. Well, at least until a All Black is released :)

I am not a 'gold' man either, but this watch is balancing the glitter of the gold with polished and textured black parts in a unique way. In the beginning it felt too 'colored' for my tastes too, but trust me, it is going to settle down :) After a while, the SS/BC will look less interesting, like an Audi A4 compared to a S4 :p

Here is a motivational picture :D

hbbrgpcbsg5.jpg

Maciek.....I saw a lot of your posts in the last weeks or so....and I allways felt the same when reading. I Believe I am the same kind of watch-freak you are....seeing the gold-watches gives me a kick but I allways thought if such a piece will sit correctly on my wrist and speak my language of style.

My conclusion was: the gold versions will not do it for me.....I am just the well dressed, casual but stylish type o

Some new pics:

rg6cr5.jpg

rg7ne9.jpg

Well OK, I guess I like it a bit more after wearing it for a day :)

The polished ceramic bezel is a killer... no pics can do it justice.

Still not 100% sure about it's future though. :)

As for the Gold Mat - I was thinking intensively about that one but when I looked at other members' pics it seemed way too shiny... and the dial color seems to be off... with me being as anal as I am I decided it is a no go for me. The case had that sparkle that just should not be there.

But please post some picd of your Platinum Mat when you receive it Theo, it is always great to see some pics of a rare rep.

@George - yuo put it perfectly with "it felt too 'colored' for my tastes" quote. This is exactly how I feel about this watch right now.

But OK have to admit... was at coffee heaven today an under their halogen lights... it had a LOOK.

Great watch Theo, congratulations!

It really is an interesting and original piece.

I am not sure if I like that light dial but it surely has that something.

Wear it well my friend.

In the meantime I just sit here and wait until someone gets a Gold Mat Bang and takes some nice daylight pics....

What a beautiful watch! I fell in love with the Big Bang even since it came out, and it was featured in a watch magazine as the leading article. The newest one you just got, is the color scheme that I REALLY would like to have. I think you made a great choice. How is the pricing on Kings watches compared to others? I emailed Josh for pricing on the gold/black/CF, and it's over a grand...

• 9 months later...