When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Source for Asian 21J, plain or PR+24hrs

sssurfer

I don't know if this can be to anyone's interest, but Cousinsuk is selling two movements common on our reps. I bought both them to take a look.

asian21jcousinsuksmallux8.jpg

asian21jcousinsukbacksmid2.jpg

1. Our beloved, ubiquitary "Asian 21J" w/ small seconds @ 9Hr.

This is the Miyota 8215 Chinese copy that we find, e.g., on our Asian 21J PAM reps, and in many other reps.

Cousinsuk's code: 3809M. Price: 9.95 GBP.

2. The "complicated Asian 21J" w/ PR @ 6Hr and 24hrs @ 12Hr functions.

This is the movement used, e.g. (with the 24hrs function unused), in Silix' inexpensive (80 USD) PAM 027 rep.

Cousinsuk's code: 3886D3M. Price: 13.95 GBP.

To tell it all, the movements from Cousinsuk look a bit more solid and well-finished than their counterparts found in our reps.

But sizes, spacing, date placement, etc, are the same as in our rep's "Asian 21J".

Just a chance for a replacement (or even an improvement?) when needed...

Do you think the PR movement is good for PAM 090?

Unfortunately, no. In the 090 the PR gauge is located @ 5Hr instead than @ 6. And the date window in the 090 rep is placed differently. :(

The good news is that there is no reason to replace the 090's ST-2530 movement with an "Asian 21J": the 2530 is 100 times better. :)

Unfortunately, no. In the 090 the PR gauge is located @ 5Hr instead than @ 6. And the date window in the 090 rep is placed differently. :(

The good news is that there is no reason to replace the 090's ST-2530 movement with an "Asian 21J": the 2530 is 100 times better. :)

The bad news is my 090 broke yesterday so I need to find a new movement for it anyway...

The bad news is my 090 broke yesterday so I need to find a new movement for it anyway...

You need a Seagull 2530 as it is the only movement that would fit the 090, its size and date placement are unique.

I asked cousinsuk months ago to add that movement to their Chinese movements list, they must have have not been successful at sourcing it.

I just ordered a 090 of which I only need the dial for another project. If you are interested, I may sell you the movement once I'll receive it.