When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7753 PAMS - Possible Ferrari

bbell6

I've got a 7753 that I wanted to install in a PAM rep and I'm trying to come up with a list of options. I know replacing the Asian with the Swiss is problematic if there is a date window since they aren't in the same place. How many 7753 PAMs don't have a date window or either have swiss version dial?

All of the daylights (188, 196, 250, 251 and Pandas) come in a 7753 version for which you should be able to source a dial from your favorite dealer. The other question you would have to find the answer to is whether the existing movement spacer will work with the 7753.

Am I right that the 7753 has a different subdial spacing than a bi-compax 7750 and therefore needs a different dial?

It is more an issue of the Datewheel location being slightly different I believe.

The reason I'm asking is because I think to to have seen slightly different subdial spacings in the comparison pictures of last weeks Daylight comparison thread (gen vs A7750 vs 7753). But I may be completey wrong...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=daylight

If my memory serves me correctly you will need a couple of things, the spacer ring is one, the dial and hands I believe is another and I know that the the button that changes the date will need to be modified if the case is not made for the 7753 this is where the majority of problems occur. Then again, I used the older case for my transplant perhaps the newer cases dont have this issue but from my readings I dont think so, can someone confirm?

Bean

If staying within the daylight family the good news is that the date changing button is usually functional but is blocked by the original spacer. The bad news is that there were two different movement spacers for the 7753's. One relies on longer chrono pusher stems. The other has built-in extenders in the spacer and are virtually impossible to get out so you would have to make sure that the spacer factored this in. On the bi-compax question remember that that configuration is based on a 7750 derivative - not the 7753.

I know that the Slytech rep is powered by the asian 7750. Is the genuine powered by a 7753, or is it a totally different movement. At least with this watch, I'd be avoiding the datewheel issue.

The price of these 7753s appear to be going up quite a bit. I see where discovery110 is selling the one that I have (decorated blue screws) for $1200.

Any Ferrari experts out there? I'm considering building a Ferrari 00013. Any opinions with regards to this watch? What about the accuracy of the rep that I would be starting with? I like the looks and it doesn't have the date window issue.

Ferrari13.jpg

Picture of the movement

DSC_0183.jpg