When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dani's Motogp tread 2008 season

Dani

Ok guys i will share my thoughts about races and such here.

Also i will try put toghter small news reports.

Pleas be awear i write in Norlish not English.

If the int is here i will continue this tread tru the 2008 season.

First upcoming event is offical testing in Jerez in 1 day time.

Cheers,

Dani

WSB is going to be just as interesting !! B)

Hell yeah!

Is it Haga's year yet?

In MotoGP, James Toseland has to be aiming at top-6 places this year. I fear he'll be 7-10, but I live in hope. ;)

The title will be between Yamaha and Ducati again, with Honda trying to work out why they pushed for 800s when Dani obviously doesn't have the skills at the front yet. Melandri will be one to watch as will Lorenzo; those two will have the best seats in the house to watch Rossi and Stoner trade paintwork.

In SBK, Sofuoglu needs to get early podiums. Other than that, I see Haga winning it with the two Troys giving battle. Max Biaggi should be top 4 as well.

Hell yeah!

Is it Haga's year yet?

In MotoGP, James Toseland has to be aiming at top-6 places this year. I fear he'll be 7-10, but I live in hope. ;)

The title will be between Yamaha and Ducati again, with Honda trying to work out why they pushed for 800s when Dani obviously doesn't have the skills at the front yet. Melandri will be one to watch as will Lorenzo; those two will have the best seats in the house to watch Rossi and Stoner trade paintwork.

In SBK, Sofuoglu needs to get early podiums. Other than that, I see Haga winning it with the two Troys giving battle. Max Biaggi should be top 4 as well.

Bring it on !!!

I just hope JT doesn't suffer the same fate as so many of his Brit predecessors (Hodgeson, Byrne, McGuinness.....) :mellow:

Im a big Rossi fan but will be praying for James Toseland to do well having spent a few days with him he's a great guy very down to earth

Haga deserves a brake watching him got me into aprilia (I do miss the twin)

I still smile when I those tee shirts announcing Nitro Norri as "The dog's borrocks" !! :lol:

I still smile when I those tee shirts announcing Nitro Norri as "The dog's borrocks" !! :lol:

I'll have to dig out my photos from the late 90s when I started going to the SBK rounds in the UK. My brother had a huge Rising Sun flag to show his appreciation of Haga back when he rode the YZF750. I was a Fogarty fan, and it led to my purchase of a Ducati 748 in 1998.

Please do not post the results in the title. I don't get to watch it live, so if anyone posts the results in the post title, I will not be happy.

Having said that, it's going to be an interesting year. :)

No results will be given just inside the tread.

Hell yeah!

Is it Haga's year yet?

Toseland will have to adjust this year i dont see him coming into the top 6 whit this field..Lorenzo and Andrea Dovi just to name a few gone be handfull i think..

SBK will be great to bad the covrage of sbk is not as good as motogp <_<

I have been betting on motogp races the last 3years and cant whait for the season to begin.

After the test in Jerez will have more info on what teams will be fighiting in the top 3.

Cheers

Test in Jerez over.

Ducati shows they are still a force to be recon whit as Stoner is on top and won the BMW award.

Also Rossi is on top form i think his switch to Bridgestone was very smart.

Biggest suprise for me Dovi,West did get good qual but as he is wet expret not a suprice.

Edwards and Melandri was big disepointment at 14 and 10 place.

Cheers,

Biggest suprise for me Dovi,West did get good qual but as he is wet expret not a suprice.

Edwards and Melandri was big disepointment at 14 and 10 place.

West qualifies well, although he is really good when it's a lot wetter than that. Edwards and Melandri know they'll never get to the top and win the BMW, so all they try to do is get wet weather data at Jerez. Not too stupid.

Stoner was significantly faster than anyone else, and that means he's going to be hard to beat. :D

West qualifies well, although he is really good when it's a lot wetter than that. Edwards and Melandri know they'll never get to the top and win the BMW, so all they try to do is get wet weather data at Jerez. Not too stupid.

Stoner was significantly faster than anyone else, and that means he's going to be hard to beat. :D

Edwards has been good before on the offical test hens my dissepointment also Melandri has been awfaul on all tests so i had hopes he woud do better here.

Stoner is good but when it comes to fights on the track against equal machines i dont see him as hard to beat for any of the top 6 riders from last year and now we can throw in Lorenzo and Dovi in the mix :D

Crassssy season ahead. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edwards has been good before on the offical test hens my dissepointment also Melandri has been awfaul on all tests so i had hopes he woud do better here.

Edwards is always fastest on Monday, but it's a little late by then. ;)

This Monday, he didn't even test, but Toseland was 6th fastest on the last day. Still, it was a reduced field and was there just for testing parts and gathering data.

I missed this loop. Thank god for the invention of the Speed channel here in the U.S. We don;t get every race but I love them when they do show up. I still miss the Foggy days though. It was getting tiresome watching Ducati win every race for 7 years though.;)

Completely off-topic but has anyone bought one of the newer bikes which are generating tremendous horsepower using Motogp technology? I am thinking about getting a naked sportsbike this year but have no idea where to start.

Dani-

As an ignorant American I look forward to your reports. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edwards is always fastest on Monday, but it's a little late by then. ;)

This Monday, he didn't even test, but Toseland was 6th fastest on the last day. Still, it was a reduced field and was there just for testing parts and gathering data.

He has won a bmw award before so cant say his slow or only fast on mondays.

Dani-

As an ignorant American I look forward to your reports. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Kruz.

I will maybe buy the duc 1098s this upcoming summer.

:)

Cheers