When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake PAM 27's

Guest asad

I have been noticing a couple of Panerai 27's at the Bay what makes me believe that they are fake is the Power reserve hand is not an arrow.

This is the one which already sold:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=020

This one is going w/o any bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=002

What do you guys think; Legit or Fakes?

The pictures are both for legit watches without any doubt. The gen dials have the PR scale recessed into the dial and the dge of the recess window is clearly visible in both cases. Additionally, the rep is the T dial with the tighter dial layout - these are both L dials which have the leaf PR hand and the sweep secs hand is the correct length.

The watches pictured are OK.

P has it right. I initially thought the first one was fake as the date font looked like the rep not the gen - until I saw the recessed sub dial. I do have to say the first one still bothers me and I can't quantify why. I know P is right but I would still not have bid on that one.

I think that what's causing you some uneasiness, and initially me too, is the apparent 'droopy' As with the tell-tale low crossbars. However, unless it's a rep dial which we have never seen before, I think that this is caused by compression of the photos. However, I doubt if any genuine seller would sell a gen at that price. There's something not right about the 'sale' but I'm confident that the pictures are of a gen 027. The buyer might end up with something else, or nothing at all.