When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob here in need of advice...

Ztech

Hi noob here,

Just to let you know, I've done a couple hours of research via reading and searching this great forum, but the more I read the more confused I seem to be getting. I'm in the market for a Panerai rep of the very highest quality. I've seen a bunch of names mentioned, but I'm curiuos on two points.

1. Would it be better for me to source parts and find someone from this forum, who is known to do quality work, and have them assemble the watch? Including the details, such as re-lume, AR coating on crystal, etc., as they build the watch

or...

2. Would it be better to purchase an assembled piece and if there are any short comings have someone touch up those areas?

I would love to see what all of you might have to say on these two areas. If you could possibly point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I found this rep and wanted to see what all of you might think of it.

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...f6017aed390da7c

Depending on how easily you could source the parts, it might be as easy to buy a watch and then have someone touch up any flaws you felt needed attention. The one thing I will say about PAMs, is that they don't attract the same "Is that real?!?" attention which Rolexes do, so I'd say only have mods done for flaws which you can't live with. Don't worry about others picking up on flaws, most will just think you're wearing a 'big, ugly watch' ;)

Welcome to the jungle :)

Depending on how easily you could source the parts, it might be as easy to buy a watch and then have someone touch up any flaws you felt needed attention. The one thing I will say about PAMs, is that they don't attract the same "Is that real?!?" attention which Rolexes do, so I'd say only have mods done for flaws which you can't live with. Don't worry about others picking up on flaws, most will just think you're wearing a 'big, ugly watch' ;)

Welcome to the jungle :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. So is there someone on this forum that I can trust to order and request the touch ups from?

Thanks for the warm welcome. So is there someone on this forum that I can trust to order and request the touch ups from?

first .. welcome to the forum .. I'm sure you will find a lot of interesting reps and members to share your hobby with..

if this is the particular rep you are interested in davidsen (collector) has probably the best 127 out of the box.. you will not need the mods that other reps of the same model may need.. his price is a little more than others but several areas that are already "fixed" cannon pin... lume.. his rep is double AR which is not so on the genuine. the bridges are accurate .. but you should have the members that have more knowledge than I do address these concerns.. sssurfer,.. PAMman,.. kruzer..to name just a few .. seek their help and you will get the proper info .. the one part that is often a concern is the CG (crown guard) but there are fixes to this.. again see about the panerai experts on the forum .. they have a wealth of information..

Live strong and wear it well

lani

first .. welcome to the forum .. I'm sure you will find a lot of interesting reps and members to share your hobby with..

if this is the particular rep you are interested in davidsen (collector) has probably the best 127 out of the box.. you will not need the mods that other reps of the same model may need.. his price is a little more than others but several areas that are already "fixed" cannon pin... lume.. his rep is double AR which is not so on the genuine. the bridges are accurate .. but you should have the members that have more knowledge than I do address these concerns.. sssurfer,.. PAMman,.. kruzer..to name just a few .. seek their help and you will get the proper info .. the one part that is often a concern is the CG (crown guard) but there are fixes to this.. again see about the panerai experts on the forum .. they have a wealth of information..

Live strong and wear it well

lani

Thanks lani. I'll look those members up. By any chance do you have a link to this Davidson PAM 127? Thanks again.