When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume Job needed

jaggi

We have seen some greate lume jobs recently posted by one of the members and I want to point out my favourate.

4a.jpg

I bought this watch (not quite same but simillar), as I like the yellow accent thinkging, it would lume like the cousteau above, but it does notl. Not even the yellow minute hand, but the hour hand does glow. (I don't understand why would they make one of the hand glow and not the other... what's the use). it does lume at the bottom of those stick markers and all the chrono hands. Any way, my question is, if it is possible to apply the lume to this one so the yellow accent and the minute hand would glow as well. other than that I love this watch. it would be great, the best of both worlds if this can be done.

I'm hoping some of you guys can have answer to this.

This is the watch I have and hope to have it lumed like the one above... Is it possible?

IWC-371918-SS-02.jpg

I have never seen yellow lume, not even sure if RC Tritec sells yellow lume...

If yellow lume is available, it can be lumed.

The other possibiliity is to take C1 white lume, and add yellow paint to it, the only problem is once you get enough paint in the lume to duplicate the yellow in your picture, it's not going to glow at all...

RG

I have never seen yellow lume, not even sure if RC Tritec sells yellow lume...

If yellow lume is available, it can be lumed.

The other possibiliity is to take C1 white lume, and add yellow paint to it, the only problem is once you get enough paint in the lume to duplicate the yellow in your picture, it's not going to glow at all...

RG

Perhaps use standard Lume and cover the yellow on that watch? Since alot of standard lume utilizes the background color to actually achieve its opaque appearance. It probably won't glow yellow but it will glow - a better alternative than adding yellow paint - which will only minimize the lumiousity.

Edited by Marrickvilleboy

I obviously don't know much about the watches, definately nothing about the lumes, except that they glow in the dar.

I did not care if the glow will be green, yellow or whilte. As long as it can be applied to this and the accent would still look yellow and it can glow (any color).

Would have been gread but looks like it is not possible. How about the minute hand at least I can tell the time, right now I can only tell that it's now 2 past something. :D

I obviously don't know much about the watches, definately nothing about the lumes, except that they glow in the dar.

I did not care if the glow will be green, yellow or whilte. As long as it can be applied to this and the accent would still look yellow and it can glow (any color).

Would have been gread but looks like it is not possible. How about the minute hand at least I can tell the time, right now I can only tell that it's now 2 past something. :D

Like I just said, we can apply a standard C3 lume (not superlume) and it will glow well. Just won't glow yellow, it will be the C3 color of green/yellow. It will still look yellowish during the day.