When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with my Silix 45mm PO

confused69u

The stem will need to be shortened slightly. A relatively straightforward job for someone with a decent level of watch repair experience, but not something to be attempted by an amateur as you can screw up the keyless works on the ETA movement very easily if you use the incorrect tool to release the stem from the movement.

This thread is a good starting point for info.

Incidentally, the Silix PO seems to have improved somewhat over the version Jay has photographs of on their site. The pearl now looks much better. All that's needed to turn the above watch into a real 'ultimate PO basher' is a datewheel with the correct font..

The stem will need to be shortened slightly. A relatively straightforward job for someone with a decent level of watch repair experience, but not something to be attempted by an amateur as you can screw up the keyless works on the ETA movement very easily if you use the incorrect tool to release the stem from the movement.

This thread is a good starting point for info.

Incidentally, the Silix PO seems to have improved somewhat over the version Jay has photographs of on their site. The pearl now looks much better. All that's needed to turn the above watch into a real 'ultimate PO basher' is a datewheel with the correct font..

Not too shabby for $175 i'd say?

I agree the datewheel font needs to be bolded to match the gen and the markers on the 3/6/9/12 are a tad short as well but at least the Omega symbol is correct :)

Oh yeah, the hands seem to be superlumed whereas the dial just has a normal faint lume.

If the winding stem checks out OK, it could be that the threads on the case tube are damaged or stripped. Crowns and case tubes are a known problem with the Planet Ocean. If you just received the watch, email Jay and explain the problem. I am sure that he will take care of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I sent this one back to Silix and ordered a UPO from Andrew as I want to mod it eventually.

Guess what? same problem! the crown doesn't screw all the way in like it did for my 4th gen version. Is this common?

Anyone have pics of their crowns fully screwed into the case and willing to share?

Okay, so I sent this one back to Silix and ordered a UPO from Andrew as I want to mod it eventually.

Guess what? same problem! the crown doesn't screw all the way in like it did for my 4th gen version. Is this common?

Anyone have pics of their crowns fully screwed into the case and willing to share?

eventually you will want to swap it with the genuine from ofrei .. inexpensive for the parts, takes modding the tube though.. try pushing the crown in again as you tighten it.. sometimes the threads need to be seated ...

did you try pushing the crown in again while tightening??

LOL, I don't think I can apply any more force on this crown as my thumb is in pretty rough shape right now

The 4th gen PO I had before this screws in fully with ease so it can't be an end-user problem :p

Edited by confused69u

I had the same problems on all my SOSF's .. the threads needed to be seated... I kept working it .. but you need to back it up if it really feels stuck.. then apply pressure inward at the same time you are turning it...go really slowly.. my thumbs were numb.. but the screw downs work really well now.. i had some watch oil put on the threads too.. but maybe you better post this on the watch repair and upgrade area.. I am no expert.. but there are those there that can help..

add on: I had to use my finger nails to turn it ... it had more grip with the nail ends of my fingers.. for more torque until the threads were seated.. if that helps..

I had the same problems on all my SOSF's .. the threads needed to be seated... I kept working it .. but you need to back it up if it really feels stuck.. then apply pressure inward at the same time you are turning it...go really slowly.. my thumbs were numb.. but the screw downs work really well now.. i had some watch oil put on the threads too.. but maybe you better post this on the watch repair and upgrade area.. I am no expert.. but there are those there that can help..

add on: I had to use my finger nails to turn it ... it had more grip with the nail ends of my fingers.. for more torque until the threads were seated.. if that helps..

finger nails eh? unfortunately my nails aren't long enough for that... perhaps I should use a pair of pliers or something

My 4th gen PO screwed all the way in quite nicely with no tube showing

OmegaPO_006.jpg

Edited by confused69u

just relaying what i did with my SOSF.. i dont have "nails" .... maybe you should get in touch with Andrew.. for a while there were a batch of UPO's where the logo was crooked.. maybe these are a batch with defective tube/crowns..

Ofrei .. they have genuine omega parts.. did my UPO.. SMP chrono.. i have the SMP next.. the UPO needs modding as the tube needs to be glued into the case.. but 100 % better .. search the Omega section you will find posts with the part number.. call ofrei to order..