When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross Questions

Magiko

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I would like to introduce myself, I am el Magiko, just a few months ago i have started to learn about watches and above all replicas, I find them fascinating! I found this blog last week and I am stunned to see how much you all know about the discipline. I am happy to be here. Anyways, here I go. I could not find answers to these observations:

I was searching the posts and I could not find any info on BR-tourbillon replicas, I have seen some BR with the generic crappy looking tourbillon, but i have not seen a replica of the real one. Is it impossible to make?

Also, I am wondering if you know why makers use quartz instead of mechanic in the replica BR 01-94 aviation chronometer/chronogragh. Is it because of the custom size of the casing? also are real BR supposed to have 1.3 mm screws on the back, I have not seen the back of a real BR.

Thanks,

Magiko

Hi and welcome, To answer one of your questions, there are very few real tourbillion rep watches out there and hardly any with a sports style, the B&R torbilion would only appeal to a very small sector of the market and there fore not economic to make.

Hi Magiko, and Welcome to the forum.

If you are interested in any Bell & Ross replicas, please visit the "Other Watch Reviews" section where you will find a write-up of some of the B&R Replicas I owned, namely the BR01 series.

The 1.3mm screws that are on the gen, but just a cosmetic lookalike on the rep on the backside of the case allow to remove the "endlinks" on the watchcase.

One of the uses of the BR01 was to use it as a deskclock; therefore the screws on the back that could be moved and then placed on the deskstand. One the rep, unfortunately, this "endlink" is not removable.