When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jimmy Fu Parts?

Guest asad

Thanks for the pictures as i am clearly seeing a big difference in the crown guard as well.

When it comes to matters of detail regarding Panerai I have no doubt that members of this board will have a more exact knowledge than any 'Risti, unless that 'Risti is also a rep WIS too. A couple of months ago most of them couldn't identify a really crude DSN rep as a fake. SHEEEESH

In fairness to the Risti, similar to these forums, there is a core group of members with unbelievably good knowledge and then a whole lot of folks showing off their latest watch - myself included. :lol:

Yes, I agree and I suspect that 'core group' belong here too. The best way to spot a fake is to know what the rep looks like. Remember Finepics educating the 'Risti and them being so appreciative of his knowledge. Don't forget V's recent thread which is a fair indication of the extent of gen ownership on this board and those gen owners who are members here will also be members there. The names will be different but I think that that's a large section of your 'core group' which will also include the 'lurkers'. The tell-tale sign is the 'Risti who go ballistic about reps generally can't recognise them with any degree of accuracy, apart from the really dire Canal Street stuff. Those who are more knowlegable generally take a more balanced view.

Not that I know very much, it is obvious from my post that I don't. But the whole reason I joined this forum was to keep from getting ripped off when I buy genuines. Funny thing is that I don't go to the genuine boards as much now. You learn a whole lot more here.

I 100% agree.

I 100% agree.

+2 The best offense is a good defense. I bought a gen 111F, and got a great deal only because I knew what to look for. Now my friends email me to find out if the watches they are looking at on ebay are gens, and a lot of times especially PAMs at almost market prices are fakes.

Great stuff everyone. I'm really learning a lot from reading all of your posts.

I've searched for Jimmy Fu on ebay (jimmfzfu) and I didn't get anything. Do any of you guys know where I can find some of the parts he produced? Thanks.

Great stuff everyone. I'm really learning a lot from reading all of your posts.

I've searched for Jimmy Fu on ebay (jimmfzfu) and I didn't get anything. Do any of you guys know where I can find some of the parts he produced? Thanks.

You have spelt it wrong. Should be jimmyzfu. However he only has blue & gold hands left AFAIK.

I have always wondered about the hands as well. Just remember that hands are not so simple as Bases require only 2 hands while Marina also need a sub-second hand. I haven't seen the recent offering on Ebay but he sells them in different colors so before you buy make sure he has a set that matches up to whatever you are trying to make.

That I did didn't I? Thanks PAMman. So are his hands that much better than say what you get with a decent rep?

If you own PAM172 rep, Jimmy's blue hands are the way to go, the stock minute hand on 172 is too long and should be replaced.

DSN also has the correct blue hands set as spare.

babola

Hmm... so there is a difference? I took a look at JF's hands on ebay and I couldn't tell the difference. Well, I guess I couldn't tell even if I were holding them in my hands. He does sell like a set of five for $50. I might take a look at them then. Thanks all.