When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date action on Blackbird

lanikai

I know others have had problems with the Blackbirds date change via crown..

today i tried to change the date from the 29 to the 01 the stem will not engage with whatever is needed to change the date .. ii had to change it via the hands foing through the 24 hour cycle ..

any ideas.. is this a wuick fi or am i screwed?? lol

thanks

Lani

I know others have had problems with the Blackbirds date change via crown..

today i tried to change the date from the 29 to the 01 the stem will not engage with whatever is needed to change the date .. ii had to change it via the hands foing through the 24 hour cycle ..

any ideas.. is this a wuick fi or am i screwed?? lol

thanks

Lani

Sorry to ask, but what time was set on the watch when you tried to adjust the date with the crown?

Sorry to ask, but what time was set on the watch when you tried to adjust the date with the crown?

Hey mikey.. know what your getting at.. but the hands were set at 5:30 .. SOP with me for chrono movements ... the last time i changed the date was some time ago as this is the first month where the date needed changing.. I know one member had trouble right out of the box.. oh well I was thinking of putting a swiss 7750 in it anyway..the crown goes to the proper setting then it just spins without any movement of the date..

thanks anyway..

Lani

Theoretically, dropping in a Swiss 7750 should work because the seconds @ 3 and big-date modifications are placed on a jeweled bridge plate that can be removed and dropped on top of the mainplate.

But, some modding is necessary (or maybe not), since The Zigmeister's review of the modified A7750 says that that mainplate was slightly modified to accomodate the bridge plate.

Fairly common problem on the A7750, most times the gear doesn't switch over to engage the datewheel, or today the one I fixed for this problem blew it's datechange gear to pieces for some reason...

Installed a new gear assembly, and it works fine.

Sometimes, if you turn the crown quickly in the dateset position, it will cause the gear to switch over and work...otherwise it needs a trip to the shop.

RG

Fairly common problem on the A7750, most times the gear doesn't switch over to engage the datewheel, or today the one I fixed for this problem blew it's datechange gear to pieces for some reason...

Installed a new gear assembly, and it works fine.

Sometimes, if you turn the crown quickly in the dateset position, it will cause the gear to switch over and work...otherwise it needs a trip to the shop.

RG

thanks Ziggy,

I plan on sending it your way .. but i wanted to gather as much info as i could first to see if I needed to source some parts before it took the trip,.. also trying to ascertain if it would be worth the swap with the Swiss 7750.. trying not to just lay it on you ... figure if i prepped as much as I could ... i try to prepare for the worst and hope for the best..

thanks

Lani

I stock a lot of movement parts, so that is not a problem.

As for the ETA install...well the price of the ETA's is always going up, and the availablity is going down.

Even a new ? ETA 7750 can need service, I just had one that was bought recently, ran really jerky, owner decided to get it serviced, it was dry, and quite gummed up. So add the cost of a possible service to the $300 or more for an ETA7750, and you can get 2.5 Asian 7750's serviced.

A serviced A7750 - in my opinion - is as good as an ETA, if your measuring the fact that the movement works and keeps good time.

RG

I stock a lot of movement parts, so that is not a problem.

As for the ETA install...well the price of the ETA's is always going up, and the availablity is going down.

Even a new ? ETA 7750 can need service, I just had one that was bought recently, ran really jerky, owner decided to get it serviced, it was dry, and quite gummed up. So add the cost of a possible service to the $300 or more for an ETA7750, and you can get 2.5 Asian 7750's serviced.

A serviced A7750 - in my opinion - is as good as an ETA, if your measuring the fact that the movement works and keeps good time.

RG

copy all.. thanks R. my BCE Graphite A7750 after 48 + hours is still running (without counting seconds) spot on to the minute at least.. couldn't ask for more

aloha

R