When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just got my Bentley GT Racing

db1

I Just got my Bentley GT Racing, it is really amazing!

i can't believe how come this model is almost unmentioned, i am impressed and very satisfied..

the only thing that was annoying me is the fact my bezel turns both sides without clicking at all, but its nothing critical

oh, and the bracelet was a living hell to resize, just like they glued a few of the links together in between the screws, but after some struggle with them (and some force) i got the bracelet resized :)

the quality of the watch is really amazing, the only two visible flaws in my opinion- is the lack of double AR, and the inner bezel which is way too thick from the gen, yeah and the clasp is tight as hell

as spoken on rwg before- the racing edition does have some light AR on the sapphire, but really light coat

the watch feels heavy and solid, the rotor is very noisy

overall for first impression - great watch for the money.

i'll post some photos once i'll have the camera in hand

db1

Edited by db1

thanks for the tip andreww!

too bad it only has visible lume on the hands and not markers, but i won't judge this amazing rep only for its lume

now i only need a box and i'm set :)

maybe a little later- relume, double AR, servicing, but first i want to play with it for awhile

the only thing that was annoying me is the fact my bezel turns both sides without clicking at all, but its nothing critical

Nice review, thank you. :D

But...

That it how it is supposed to be! On the gen the bezel also rotates in both directions without clicking. :bangin:

So since you obviously did not compare it to the gen, I will help you out, and make a few more points.

- The slide rule is generally not alligned properly on this watch

- The date is the wrong color. It is bright red as opposed to a dark maroon. Although, some dealers have begun offering the correct color on the date.

- The leather strap is terrible. The SS strap is good.

Overall it is a god replica, though not nearly as good as some of the other reps out there.

A breitling afficianado could call this out as a fake from a mile away.

Hopefully, one of our dealers will realize that there is a very big demand for the Breitling Bentley's some time soon and make a super-rep out of it. :rolleyes:

will post them tomorrow - if i'll find that d@mn USB cable for my digicam.. lol

@ AY CEE - you are right, there is not enough attention for improving the bentleys like they do with the other (more talked about) models.

about call out the GT racing rep - in my opinion the only BIG TELL from a distance, is the way-too-thick inner bezel, which can be seen for a nice distance :) otherwise, even from a 5meter distance it might appear to be a gen

hopefully the bentley reps will be improved in the future, in my opinion the bentleys are amazing looking reps as much as the chronomats are :)

btw: another flaw is in the bracelet, with the rounded screws - but i managed to make them all flat :] and yeah it looks much better when they are flat

i have seen a gen bracelet- the screws on that one are flat, and when fully screwed-in they are at the same surface with the steel, my rep bracelet screws are now flat, a little sunk in their holes, but still looking way better then the factory rounded screws

about call out the GT racing rep - in my opinion the only BIG TELL from a distance, is the way-too-thick inner bezel, which can be seen for a nice distance :) otherwise, even from a 5meter distance it might appear to be a gen

Im gonna have to disagree again. :angry:

IMHO, the biggest tell of this being a rep is easily the fact that there is no AR.

Breitlings are notorious for their strong AR tint.

I wuld say the no AR is a much, much, much bigger give away than the thick bezel, and you can see it from just as far.

dont get me wrong- i have seen gen breitlings, and i know how the gen AR looks alike (see them a few times a week, one friend with a gen EVO and another one with a gen navitimer world)

we wish the rep AR coating would be %100 like the gen, but still- %90 is fair enough for the money

(you can't compare a $8000 gen to a $390 rep, still..)

well, i try to make a point here- double AR coating is something you can do to you rep's crystal and make it %90-95 closer to gen, while replacing the thick inner bezel is currently, as much as i know- not possible

i wish they would produce the GT with the correct inner bezel, maroon red font, and double AR, if that would happen? that's another story

dont get me wrong- i have seen gen breitlings, and i know how the gen AR looks alike (see them a few times a week, one friend with a gen EVO and another one with a gen navitimer world)

we wish the rep AR coating would be %100 like the gen, but still- %90 is fair enough for the money

(you can't compare a $8000 gen to a $390 rep, still..)

well, i try to make a point here- double AR coating is something you can do to you rep's crystal and make it %90-95 closer to gen, while replacing the thick inner bezel is currently, as much as i know- not possible

i wish they would produce the GT with the correct inner bezel, maroon red font, and double AR, if that would happen? that's another story

You are so right, one cann't compare a rep to a gen. Would still like to see pictures..

The inner bezel is the hardest part, IMO. The gens' inner bezel is attached to the top part of the case, not the bezel. Therefore, the crystal is also not attached to the bezel, but on the case.

I can relate the inner bezel system as it is like on the IWC Aquatimer series, except the movement is controlled by the bezel, which causes a pinion to turn and rotate the inner bezel.

Why do you think that "button" @ 9 o'clock is there for?

• 3 weeks later...
thanks for the tip andreww!

too bad it only has visible lume on the hands and not markers, but i won't judge this amazing rep only for its lume

now i only need a box and i'm set :)

maybe a little later- relume, double AR, servicing, but first i want to play with it for awhile

Get a double ar job from k2222 of]r chieftang... You won't regret it!