When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Haven't done this in a long time...

yellomen

Since i joined the first replica forum i thougth i was in a privilidged environment. Being supplied with the best information about the best replicas and the best possible service and feedback possibilities i actually didn't think about the "outisde world" anymore. Replica watches... was within the forums and that's that.

This morning i thought i'd google for replica watches... i haven't done this in at least 5 or 6 years (yes it's been that long since i joined RWCC). And after my jaw fell on the keyboard i saw that "out there" nothing had changed... it only has become worse.

There are hundreds of replica websites... thousand... and a lot of them still ask insane prices for the lowest grades of replicas, trying to sell them as top-grade or real swiss replicas. Still being advertised with pictures of genuine watches, so not the actual replica that's for sale. The price of a simple Submariner with an ETA movement up to more than $1,000,- and it wasn't even a good one.

Although it was shocking what i saw... and fun as well... and makes me worry for all those out there wanting to buy a replica and sending their hard earned money to some scam site...

Man am i glad i found forums like RWCC, TRC and RWG... and man, i feel good about a place like this. And man... was i right about these forums right from the start :)

Just wanted to share this on a lazy sunday morning. B)

I was very nearly fooled by these sites as I am sure a lot of us here almost were. I am so glad I get obsessed with things once I get the idea in my head otherwise I would never have found this site and would probably be sporting an overpriced pice of [censored] on my wrist lol.

i saw that "out there" nothing had changed... it only has become worse.

There are hundreds of replica websites... thousand... and a lot of them still ask insane prices for the lowest grades of replicas, trying to sell them as top-grade or real swiss replicas. Still being advertised with pictures of genuine watches, so not the actual replica that's for sale. The price of a simple Submariner with an ETA movement up to more than $1,000,- and it wasn't even a good one.

Some of you will hate me for this, but all I can say is, thank God. These scam websites are the only thing keeping our hobby even remotely exclusive and rare. Imagine what would happen if any of our trusted collector websites appeared as the first hit in google? It would be horrendous, because everyone interested in replicas would be given instant, reliable access. The websites with really expensive prices will turn many people away, and the cheaper ones will take their money and run. Hopefully, these bad experiences will be enough for them to realize the acquisition of such a watch is a hopeless, unsurmountable challenge and they will give up. On the streets, they will parade around in store-bought quartzes or cheap ebay homages while we get the rare opportunity to get the best of Swiss brands at super China pricing!!

The makers of those websites deserve a gold medal! The more people they rip off, the more crappy watches they ship, the more people lose interest out of frustration and the exclusivity factor is retained!!

How would you feel when all of a sudden at work half of your colleagues come in wearing Rolex, Breitling, PAM, Omega, and so on? I can say with certitude, that most of you, wouldn't be too happy about it. Because when it comes to replicas, the word is mum.

Some of you will hate me for this, but all I can say is, thank God. These scam websites are the only thing keeping our hobby even remotely exclusive and rare. Imagine what would happen if any of our trusted collector websites appeared as the first hit in google? It would be horrendous, because everyone interested in replicas would be given instant, reliable access. The websites with really expensive prices will turn many people away, and the cheaper ones will take their money and run. Hopefully, these bad experiences will be enough for them to realize the acquisition of such a watch is a hopeless, unsurmountable challenge and they will give up. On the streets, they will parade around in store-bought quartzes or cheap ebay homages while we get the rare opportunity to get the best of Swiss brands at super China pricing!!

The makers of those websites deserve a gold medal! The more people they rip off, the more crappy watches they ship, the more people lose interest out of frustration and the exclusivity factor is retained!!

How would you feel when all of a sudden at work half of your colleagues come in wearing Rolex, Breitling, PAM, Omega, and so on? I can say with certitude, that most of you, wouldn't be too happy about it. Because when it comes to replicas, the word is mum.

This is a very interesting analogy.