When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Overseas malltese croix

triosLescano

Overseas is one of the three high quality sport swiss watches (others are Royaloak and Nautilus)

The reps of trusty, perfect, precious ecc... white dial are very good but it has a great great defect, the maltese croix (that is bad bad bad)

I have seen reps of overseas whit a good croix .

Have you info about this overseas correct croix rep ? Thanks

Hows this one? This is the latest version from silix.

DSC00305.jpg

Thanks for answer

I have an inquiry, is this Overseas identical to best rep (from precioustime, trusty, perfectClones ecc..) whit a correct cross or is it another rep ?

I value for example the overseas of Precioustime-uk-com very good.

If Silix is identical I think that is the best, but if it is not identical I have the question if to buy good quality Overseas precious whit bad cross or medium quality Silix whit good cross

What is your idea about this question ?

Guest avitt

Can anyone comment on the shape of the hands on the Silix version? I'm not too familiar with this model, but it strikes me that these hands seem to "pointy". Maybe there was a gen version with hands like this?

Can anyone comment on the shape of the hands on the Silix version? I'm not too familiar with this model, but it strikes me that these hands seem to "pointy". Maybe there was a gen version with hands like this?

The hands are a tad bit too "pointy" at the tips. And while we're at the hands, the ends of both hands where they meet the posts are flat on the luminous edges where they should be slightly angled.

They're highly unnoticeable unless viewed under close (and I mean CLOSE) inspection.

I don't know, the Silix hands kill it for me. For cmparison, here is a first generation VCO from Eddie Lee. Perfect in all ways other than the cross. This one has been relumed and has the Double AR from Chieftang. Only thing left is the cross transplant from a Silix dial which is next up.

vcoverseas2004wristwithmw8.jpg

Guest avitt
I don't know, the Silix hands kill it for me. For cmparison, here is a first generation VCO from Eddie Lee. Perfect in all ways other than the cross. This one has been relumed and has the Double AR from Chieftang. Only thing left is the cross transplant from a Silix dial which is next up.

That's a stellar piece, D. The one that caught my attention, and started me on the quest...

I have know this

The rep of precioustime/trusty/perfectclones is very good bau has a bad croix

The rep of silix is another rep, croix is good but other parts are not good

If you desire a Overseas what prefer ?

PS For me is impossible buy the two reps and modding one whit croix of other, the best solution. I am not good in modding and in my town there is not a watchmaster that accept to modifi a rep !!!

Trios,

I did the following. You may want to consider doing the same.

I bought a watch from Perfect & also bought a dial only from Silix. I am going to get the cross transplanted from the Silix dial to Perfect's watch & get the dial super lumed. The remaining flaw is the lack of a trapazoidal date window apperature. Hey, you can't get 100% perfect, But 98% is not bad :

AP Pete

Hi,

Pete, would you mind giving us an idea of the dial cost ?

I too have the first generation VCO which I had just AR coated, therefore the cross mod is interesting.

Pity also that the datewindow shape is not correct on mine.

Ideally we should transplant Silix's complete dial, then replace the GENEVE by GEN