When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does A Gen Iwc Gst Crono Dial Fit?

Pugwash

Fitting the dial to the movement should be fine.

The question is... Will it fit the case? Hopefully the dial will either be the correct size, or slightly too large (as then it can be trimmed to fit). If it's too small, then there's not much that can be done in that situation.

Are you going to do a Val 7750 to replace the Asian 7750 as well?

:)

Are you going to do a Val 7750 to replace the Asian 7750 as well?

No, it's booked in to see The Zigmeister, so I'll put my faith in a serviced 7750@28. Once it dies, then I may consider it. :D

The IWC movement is apparently so heavily modded, there's no real authenticity to be gained by a Valjoux. I'm tempted, but ... I've not got a huge watch budget. $250 more for a Val is a Moon Watch, see, and I've not even saved up for that yet.

...but I also often prefer gen parts with slight errors rather than sticking with a rep piece...

BTW - it's gen - no doubt, honest seller, I know him...

I'm happy to hear it. The wear doesn't bother me, tbh, but the gen-ness cheers me up.

Guest Sql_pl

I found a correct silver dial for my SS GST but before I jumped on it I realised I would also need that whole inner bezel part which should also be silver and not white...

I think I will never find that bezel so I have to live with my rep dial.

Cheers!

Could the swiss movement even be dropped in because of the day wheel? Want this watch but that aspect holds me back... if the asian movement goes I want to be able to drop a better one in.

With a gen dial, I'd think this would be no problem (since the genuine uses a re-worked ETA 7750)...

//R

Best ask The Zigmeister about that. He uses the same supplier I do, and from what I have seen, true new ones (not surplused) have both wheels. You simply remove the one you don't need for some applications. To save work, a manufacturer may order from ETA with only a date wheel if that is his application. A lot of movements you find listed as new are, in fact, surplus and may lack the second wheel.