When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 27A Fully Modded

sanro

I was waiting for my brother in law (the-one-who-knows-how-to-take-good-photos) to come around my home and take some pictures of this beauty. But we don't get much family time these days and I have had this watch fully modded for over a month now... So I decided to try myself with my son's camera. The results are lousy...too many reflections...but I still feel they are worthy of being posted if just to praise the good work done on the watch.

This is my 27A (River's version, with ETA 2893 mov) with Lello's datewheel and Sssurfer's cyclops. Everything arranged by Sssurfer.

I have to say that aside from the sheer pleasure of having this beautifully nearly-perfect 27A, it was definitely better to come across these two gentlemen. Suffice to say that Lello sent the datewheel to Marco even before I had paid him (I told him it would take me a week to pay him because I had ran out of paypal-funds for the month). And Marco, well, not only an expert in PAMs, but a wonderful person and, by now, a friend. Thanks again, Marco.

And thanks to RWG for allowing me to meet these wonderful people...and to get these beautiful watches!

p1010271lt0.jpg

p1010268hv5.jpg

p1010267fm3.jpg

p1010265np7.jpg

Thanks Sanro for your kind words. It has been really a pleasure to have to do with you, and to make something for you.

I am really glad you are enjoying your timepiece.

A quick technical note: the cyclops is centered exactly above the date window. Therefore, if you want to take pics with the date perfectly centered in the cyclops, try and position the camera lens exactly above the cyclops. You may even get help from the camera reflection on the crystal to get to it. ;)

All the best, my friend,

Marco

On the relume issue raised by kruzer & fishgodeep --

I agree 100% that a relume is a very nice add-on to these watches. I actually got my 028 relumed too.

But on the accuracy field it is not absolutely required, IMHO. In the end, these timepieces are supposed to be tritium and 10 years old, so a weak lume is somewhat justified.

Don't you think so?

P.S. babola, if you read this, please PM me and free your PM box. Your cyclops is ready, your PM box is full, and I am soon going to leave on one week abroad.

I agree 100% that a relume is a very nice add-on to these watches. I actually got my 028 relumed too.

But on the accuracy field it is not absolutely required, IMHO. In the end, these timepieces are supposed to be tritium and 10 years old, so a weak lume is somewhat justified.

Don't you think so?

Good point SSS , but for me luminosity is not the aim - I just prefer a more accurate "aged tritium" colour than the standard rep lume colour......Ziggy's "aged tritium" effect lume is far kinder on the eye IMHO!

Cheers

FGD

VERY NICE!!!...mine is waiting for Chieftang's new cyclops but is also getting the full spa treatment: gen crown, lello datewheel, tritium lume via zigster, cyclops swap...can't wait! :victory:

mine is waiting for Chieftang's new cyclops

Be advised, if you are not yet aware of it, that in this case you get your best result by also removing the small additional date lens that the 2892-A2 has embedded in the date window.