When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Setting time & accuracy of A7750

fendushi

Am I just that unlucky?

I have 3 watches with A7750 and I can't set any of them with the atomic clock to the second. The minute hand go back 1 or 2 minutes when I set the time and they will go fast or slow a further 2 - 3 minutes a day... and then they settle down. This happens on ALL of them.

Does this happen to any of your 7750s?

You have 2 issues. The first is that when you are setting the time the minute hand either jumps back when you push in the crown or there is a slack which take a minute or so before the minute hand moves forward, thus making your watch be 'slow' by 1 or 2 mins straight away. This can be avoided by setting the hands by adjusting the time BACK to the required time rather than forwards. This avoids leaving any 'slack' for the movement to take up.

The second issue requires recalibration of the movement and you would be advised to get a new A7750 serviced properly first and recalibrated by a competent watchmaker.

The A7750 is not machined as well as the Swiss version & even if you set the time by turning the hands backwards, it is still a hit or miss affair because the minute hand usually moves as you press the stem back in. The best you can do (with these movements as they are) is to try to gauge how far the hand usually moves when you press the stem in & set it that far in the opposite direction. But some movements have more play in them than others.

Excepting the time setting issue described above, these movements can be made to run within COSC specs (+6/-4 secs/day), but it takes a bit of extra time & effort. You just need to spend a few days setting, wearing, observing, correcting, wearing, observing & correcting until you get it where you want it.