When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I should really stay away from eBay...

Guest avitt

Guest avitt

Nice dials, Manuel :thumbsupsmileyanim: You certainly are fortunate to be dealing in a currency other than the USD.

In this case, it was the price that was too good to pass up ($520 delivered, much below the average selling price for a VJ72). The movement is nice (complete, no rust), but is non-functional, and needs an overhaul, so that has to be factored into the cost. (Fortunately, I have a complete set of VJ72 replacement parts, should any be needed...the "ultimate accessory")

Yup, inspired by freddy333, I've decided to finish what I started long, long ago...a white 6239 PN.

Guest avitt
Very nice, T. So, how many v72 Daytonas does this make for you now? :)

Thank you. This will make 3. It seems a little excessive, but I have to tell you that I enjoy wearing my Daytonas as much today as when I built them (and I mean that literally, as I'm wearing my black 6263 right now)...I just love the way they look and feel.

@Manuel, that's a really nice Roamer...I'd have to think twice about tearing that one apart. For me, the sacrificial piece is this one:

img5200js2.jpg

...If you're familiar with this Clebar, you know that it's one of Heuer's low-end brands, falling into the category of a "poor man's Carrera" (and certainly not as nice as a Carrera).

I won't feel too much guilt at all...

I think you are right avitt..

Roamer has produced some chronos with valjoux 7733, valjoux 726 and valjoux 23...

All of them beautiful chronos....The brand is not very known these days..

About your future white PN, will the watch dial say daytona?

I have observed that there are some variatios, some say daytona, others not..

Some say oyster..others not..

Guest avitt
I think you are right avitt..

Roamer has produced some chronos with valjoux 7733, valjoux 726 and valjoux 23...

All of them beautiful chronos....The brand is not very known these days..

About your future white PN, will the watch dial say daytona?

I have observed that there are some variatios, some say daytona, others not..

Some say oyster..others not..

The dial will say Daytona, but not Oyster. (I've read that the models designated for the North American market were marked "Daytona", while some other markets were not...)

If all goes well, it will look very much like freddy's above.

Edited by avitt

Thank you. This will make 3. It seems a little excessive, but I have to tell you that I enjoy wearing my Daytonas as much today as when I built them (and I mean that literally, as I'm wearing my black 6263 right now)...I just love the way they look and feel.

@Manuel, that's a really nice Roamer...I'd have to think twice about tearing that one apart. For me, the sacrificial piece is this one:

img5200js2.jpg

...If you're familiar with this Clebar, you know that it's one of Heuer's low-end brands, falling into the category of a "poor man's Carrera" (and certainly not as nice as a Carrera).

I won't feel too much guilt at all...

Forgot about that brand- makes me miss the lower end model I had 20 or so years ago...stock photo, but same exact watch...

clebar.bmp.jpg

Ciao, Arty