When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

mbw 11610 into 16613?

llsteve80

I'm thinking of turning the MBW I just bought into a two tone sub. No biggie, right? I wish. I want at least a solid gold band on it, don't really care if it's 10k, 14k or 18k, as long as I get a good deal. Where can I pick these up for reasonable prices? $400 seems too much for me.

I guess a gen bezel won't fit, what can I do about that besides put a plated one on there? (I hate plated)

Crown is easy.

I would rather have a black/gold dial than the blue, is there a TT noob dial out there?

If I do need blue, is the noob color ok?

Clasp would have to be rep for the logo, or gen if I could find one that I'd be willing to buy.

Seems like a big pain in the ass if you ask me, do you think it's worth it?

I'm thinking of turning the MBW I just bought into a two tone sub. No biggie, right? I wish. I want at least a solid gold band on it, don't really care if it's 10k, 14k or 18k, as long as I get a good deal. Where can I pick these up for reasonable prices? $400 seems too much for me.

I guess a gen bezel won't fit, what can I do about that besides put a plated one on there? (I hate plated)

Crown is easy.

I would rather have a black/gold dial than the blue, is there a TT noob dial out there?

If I do need blue, is the noob color ok?

Clasp would have to be rep for the logo, or gen if I could find one that I'd be willing to buy.

Seems like a big pain in the ass if you ask me, do you think it's worth it?

It sounds like a lot of trouble when selling the 16610 and buying a 16613 s an option. On the other hand, going through the "trouble" might be an enjoyable experience since mixing, matching and general modding is part of our hobby, right?

Terje-

Exactly, but if I bought a TT sub, I'd want to change all the plated stuff out with solid anyway, so same amount of work I guess. Except for sourcing the dial and clasp. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Funny part is I don't even have the MBW yet.... I planned on leaving it alone when I paid for it. Oops.

Guest carlsbadrolex

My first question would be, why wouldnt a genuine bezel work??? There are several placed out there that make replacement solid gold bezels for Rolex watches. I dont think with gold at $1k per oz. you are going to find a gold mid link oyster bracelet for $400 though. Maybe DOUBLE that price...

Guest porsche356a

Its definitely doable, there are Gen Dials and Inserts on TZ Sales Corner every now and again. Then you'd have to get a gold Datewheel, the Hands, Gen Crown, and an aftermarker bracelet w/ Gen Clasp. If you time it right and are patient I dont see why it cant be done. There is a post over on RWI on how to install a Gen Bezel onto a MBW using a brake hone.

In the meantime, wear the 16610 until you have all the parts. Good Luck, sounds like this is going to be quite a project. :notworthy: I remember seeing a tt 1680 with lots of gen parts on the FS boards last month and it went quite quickly.

Cheers ;)

My first question would be, why wouldnt a genuine bezel work??? There are several placed out there that make replacement solid gold bezels for Rolex watches. I dont think with gold at $1k per oz. you are going to find a gold mid link oyster bracelet for $400 though. Maybe DOUBLE that price...

Luenfat sells a 14k hollow mid link solid gold one for 369 plus shipping, and some other guy sells 10k Jubilee for even less, but no oyster unfortunately. 10k probably looks worse than plated though.

Its definitely doable, there are Gen Dials and Inserts on TZ Sales Corner every now and again. Then you'd have to get a gold Datewheel, the Hands, Gen Crown, and an aftermarker bracelet w/ Gen Clasp. If you time it right and are patient I dont see why it cant be done. There is a post over on RWI on how to install a Gen Bezel onto a MBW using a brake hone.

In the meantime, wear the 16610 until you have all the parts. Good Luck, sounds like this is going to be quite a project. :notworthy: I remember seeing a tt 1680 with lots of gen parts on the FS boards last month and it went quite quickly.

Cheers ;)

I was stalking the shi* out of that watch last month. Getting in there with a brake hone sounds fun. Ha. I may have to piece this slowly over time and I'll probably use all the parts on a new case, not the one I just bought from you.

I've done it.. all parts are solid gold

That is awesome snow, thanks. How long did it take you to do?

I'm now thinking of turning my noob into a 14060, but the real question is: WHY CAN'T I LEAVE STUFF ALONE?!!? :lol:

It took arround 4 months to collect all the solid gold parts: dial,hands, crown, tube, bracelet, bezel and insert. Cost for the parts after the rep purchase ~1150 eur

I was way ahead of you guys before I even found this site. I turned a Rolex 16013 into a 16014 but it had an eta movement in the SS case Datejust then I got a gold fluted bezel, upgraded to sapphire glass from acrylic from Krysworks on ebay, and a USA 14K/SS jubilee oval link Rolex band from the 70s. It was a few months effort but worth it. A Sub would be fun to convert to TT.