When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

temporary sub 16610 slapped together last night

llsteve80

I have all these sub parts laying around, and a sub on the way. The one on the way is from Porsche356. Its an MBW with gen crown and noob dial. Been looking for that exact setup for months now, so I wouldn't have to mess with anything.

My plan was to soop up my noob in the meantime with eta 2836. I bought all the parts except datewheel. The one I have is damaged, there are 5 numbers missing, 31, 1,2,3,4. Well its past the 4th and before the 31st so I put it all together just to wear for the weekend.

I bought a noob dial from josh, I guess it's noob, but it looks a little bolder than the dial that came with it, which had a scratch on it. Modded the CG's, sanded polished and brushed the case since it had some dings, etc on it, and rebrushed the bracelet. I also put in a new bezel insert, but I forgot where I got it. If anyone likes it I'll check my ebay and see who I bought it from.

I bought a gen crown, and then decided to use that on my DW instead. The crown on this noob is the crown from the DW, so it's a little better than the stock one.

Dial spacer is a little large on this, so the hands sit frighteningly close to the dial. Barely clearing the markers, but I'll put a thinner spacer on the movement when I add it to the MBW

The eta is going in the MBW next week or so, so this will be just another noob with modded CG's soon. OH and crooked cyclops.....(anyone have a 14060 dial??)

I can rock this for a few days. Let me know what you guys think of the insert, esp the pearl. I'm thinking of sanding the back of the insert down a little more to recess it better.

Pics:

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0254.jpg

pearl1.jpg

pearl2.jpg

Looks good. But, I bet you're counting the days...

1 1/12!

You asked for feedback on the insert and pearl, so I'll give it to you straight.... The insert print is mediocre and the pearl is not good at all. Gen is the only way to go.

Here's one of my gen inserts for comparison:

I guess I'll eventually have to go that route.

That insert is for the transitional right? would that work for the newer ones too? Not that it's less expensive or anything....

I see some variatons on the 4's in 40 on the gens too, sometimes with the same model # and everything. Whats up with that? The inside of yours is pointy, and on some they are flat, like on mine.

You asked for feedback on the insert and pearl, so I'll give it to you straight.... The insert print is mediocre and the pearl is not good at all. Gen is the only way to go.

Here's one of my gen inserts for comparison:

_MG_6331rsz.jpg

Can you source a gen 'LV' insert? p.m. me if you can, thanks.