When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex hologram sticker....

Nightstroker

I went to an AD today to price out a new bracelet for my SSD....$925....I put my noob into my pocket before entering the store....

While I was there I took a look at the new SD and a few other watches....they are no longer using the hologram sticker....the sales lady said it was because of the counterfeiting....

The back of the watch appeared to have a clear see-thru sticker on it with black numbers designating the model....

Im sure a lot of you already know this....but for those of you who dont it is good to know.... :D

NS

While I was there I took a look at the new SD and a few other watches....they are no longer using the hologram sticker....the sales lady said it was because of the counterfeiting....

PHHEEEEEEEWW. Good move...now that they've removed that sticker...the counterfeiting will stop. I wonder how long before CN is able to copy the clear sticker properly.

:lol:

thanks for the update on the sticker... more interesting to me is that your AD actually gave you a price for a bracelet without a watch in hand? Not in my town. not for r0lex anyway. very intersting...

Yes I was a little surprised about that also....it was Ben Bridge jewelers....

There was more than one bracelet available....it depends upon the number on the inside of the end link....there was also the alternative of an interchangeable divers extension with a tool kit for around $1200....the tool kits are on ebay though....

I dont think it will be long before CN is producing reps with the new clear see-thru sticker on the back....extremely easy to replicate....

You know it was strange that they also had a ND (no date) sub with holes in the lugs....I asked her about it and she said that it was just an older model....

She also said that Rolex will be phasing out the hollow mid link on many of the models including the SD and Sub....

2 of my gen Rollies (an M series Ceramic GMT and Z series LV Kermit) purchased from my AD came with the new clear sticker which I took off and stuck to the back of my Rolex credit card. As a gen owner I am glad they did away with this, the whole fussing about the hologram sticker on back was ridiculous anyway. On my other two gens I left one sticker on which has become a bit worn down over the last two years and the other I peeled off and sold for $75.00 on the bay (prob to one of our little family members here to complete their project) On another subject I just got my new SSD from Trusty with the newest bezel and bracelet improvements and I gotta say it looks very comfey nestled next to my 4 gens in the old winder. I doubt they will worry too much about the new clear sticker. The next trick will beto accuratley replicate the Rolex RRR on the inner rehaut like on my M series Ceramic and to dublicate the new certification credit cards.